Chin Pstosis After Reduction. Can This Be Corrected by Excision & Tightening?

I had chin reduction surgery by burring, the entire chin was degloved, it now sits loosley on the bone, not tight as it previously did. I understand a mentalis muscle resuspension can correct this but that often doesnt work, I also have saggying tissue of the end of my chin, fat and loose skin. I was wondering if a de gloved chin can be corrected by excision and tightening under chin. Or would this not work as the degloved chin is taut so might not tuck under easily. Thanks.

Chin Ptosis after Chin Reduction

+1

Hi,

A mentalis tightening may help. However, if you have considerable amount of chin sagging you may need to have a platysma plication and/or a minilift. It all depends on what the skin looks like on the under surface chin.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.sluplift.com