Chin Plastic Surgery. Should I Get An Implant For a Little Point?

2 yrs ago i had a chin reduction. im a male. it was done because i felt it was too long vertically and wanted it more pointier and less square. whilst still being masculine. my surgean also suggested that he take a little off the front so from side profile it looks balanced. what im concerned with some days is that i feel like my chin isnt pointy at all. i knew this due to the nerves in this area. i find that from front on it just looks like a big "U" shape. will a jaw implant make my chin beter

Chin implant for pointy chin

+1

A small silastic chin implant may help in giving you a somewhat more pointy chin.  Another option is to consider an injectable filler such as Radiesse.  Although the filler will resorb over 12 to 18 months and will need to be repeated, it will be less expensive and less traumatic than implant surgery and may help you decide if this change is in your best interest in the long run.  Best wishes.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant For Pointiness

+1

A small centric-style chin implant can make your chin more pointy without adding any width or much increased projection.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Making a "pointy" chin

+1

An implant can indeed be fashioned to make the chin more "pointy" but I would have to see a photo (a direct physical exam best of course) of your chin first to see if this is the best option for you.  Glad to help...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD