Would Chin/neck Lipo Be Enough? Must I Have Chin Implant... or is It Something else Altogether? (photo)

I have almost no jawline definition. The heavier I am, the worse it is, but it was like this even when I was a size 2. It's like my chin just slopes into my neck, all one piece. My profile is terrible, I don't look too bad from the front... and only see a double chin in the occasional photo. What types of procedures would I be looking at for a more sculpted jaw? You can't tell as much in this photo, but sometimes in profile I have shadowing in the jowl area as well.

Would Chin/neck Lipo Be Enough? Must I Have Chin Implant... or is It Something else Altogether?

+1

I think that a chin implant and chin liposuction may be reasonable. There may be a more pressing need for a neck lift to produce the result that you want to achieve.

Find a pl astic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of chin implants and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Chin-Implant.php

+1

From the photos provided, you do have a weak chin but this is only part of the cause.  While chin augmentation with a chin implant would help the chin, it's excess fat and skin that is the main culprit here.  Facial and neck micro-liposuction to reduce the excess fat along with a minimally invasive facelift procedure would be the least invasive way to accomplish what you have described.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/PalmerCelebrityLift.html

Neck lift for jawline definition and chin implant

+1

A small chin implant will only give added projection to the chin which will help with the jawline definition. A neck lift( without skin removal) will address removal of the fat above and below the platysma muscle.  A platysma-plasty but will be required to give better jawline definition at the submental area, once the sub-platysmal fat is removed. Simple liposuction will not remove sub-platysmal fat. Please see the link below for examples of neck lifting  and chin implants in our photo gallery

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/neckliftandlipo_photos.html

Improving Neck and Jawline Contour

+1

Without a frontal view and /or the opportunity to examine you it is difficult to provide a comprehensive recommendation. Liposuction should be done with a small chin/jowl implant. Depending on your age and the tone of your skin a neck lift may be appropriate.

Neck lipo or chin implant

+1

Hi elleydelle,

From only seeing your profile photos it appears that neck liposuction, possibly combined with a neck lifting procedure would be most helpful.

The fact that your neck looked similar even when you weighed less suggested that tightening of the neck muscles in addition to liposuction may be very useful in improving your neckline.

You can read more about neck liposuction at my web reference link below.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/neck-liposuction

Would Chin/neck Lipo Be Enough

+1

Liposuction would proabably be of some help, but I suspect you need more than that to get maximum benefits. A chin implant would definitely give the appearance of less double chin, but I think you would also need an open fat resection and probably tightening of the skin with a neck lift. But it ultimately depends on an exam to get a better idea of the problem.

How to fix a jawline and neck

+1

Dear elleydelle,

1. It depends on your exam and the skin texture on what would be best
  2. Looking at your pics, it might be better to have a neck lift procedure where we can remove the fat in a controlled fashion, lift up the skin and remove the excess
  3. Liposuction alone may remove the fat, but if the skin does not redrape nicely, you could be left with dimpling or excess skin
  4. When you are ready, please visit a specialist who can address all of your concerns and answer your questions

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Web reference: http://www.eosplasticsurgery.com/neck-lift.html