Chin Medpore Implant or Use Injectable Fillers for Chin?

I am getting a rhinoplasty soon and my doctor suggests a medpore chin implant ..to elevate the face even more and he suggests not to go for silicate ,what if it rejects and have to remove my implant and I was thinking if Injectable fillers are a better option

Radiesse or Medpor

+1

Medpor implants can be more difficult to remove.   The other type of implants are more popular.  Radiesse is a reasonable alternative but will have to be repeated.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Chin implant versus fillers

+1

All chin implants have the same risks associated, including shifting and rejection, and the need for removal if either of those complications occur. In terms of fillers, they are a great way to augment your chin, but they are not permanent. You could use a long-acting filler like Radiesse┬«, which would last up to 2 years, but you would need to have this redone when it wears off. The beauty of fillers is that they do resorb and the chin goes back to normal with no concerns about shifting or rejection as in chin implants. Keep in mind that thousands of patients have a chin implant each year and the problems you describe are fairly rare. 

Laurence M. Milgrim, MD
Teaneck Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant

+1

Most surgeons recommend using a silastic chin implant instead of a medpor implant.  Fillers can also be used but they do not have permanent results.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can best assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Best option for chin augmentation

+1

Silastic chin implants are extremely well tolerated.  They have a low risk or infection, extrusion or migration and some patients have them for 50+ years.  In terms of fillers, Radiesse works very well.  I would strongly advise against injecting anything permanent into your face.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1

We do not recommend Medpor implants in the chin due to the propensity for  Infection. We use Silastic  chin implants. They are very well tolerated in the body and they are easy to remove if ever needed. Silastic implants also feel more natural  than Medpor.  The chin implant is inserted through a submental incision is placed  directly over the bone in a precise pocket underneath the periosteum. Expect about 2 weeks of bruising and swelling after the procedure around the chin area.

Chin Medpor Implant or Use Injectable Fillers for Chin?

+1

Some surgeons to recommend Medpor facial implants but the vast majority, myself included, prefer silastic implants. They are well tolerated and in my experience have lower risk of infections than Medpor. Further, if they need to be removed for any reason (unusual) it is straight-forward. If you choose to go the route of injectable fillers, Radiesse tends to work best. You can expect 12 months of improvement from injected Radiesse. If you are happy with the results which is usually the case, you would want to be re-treated about once each year. This is typically a 30 minute in-office treatment. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Medpore chin implant versus fillers for chin

+1

There are several different types of materials that are used to make chin implants.  Medpore implants would be more difficult to remove than those made of silastic.  Physicians may have a preference of using one over the other.  Personally, I prefer using the silastic chin implants.  Fillers could also be used on the chin but the results would not be permanent and a chin implant can potentially give more projection to the chin than fillers.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon