Chin or Mandibular Implant to Improve Profile?

Given my profile, which would be a better option for me? My jaw profile seems to disappear into my neck. I am not overweight, so I'm not sure Smart Lipo would be a good option. I am 28 years old.

Profile improvement through Chin Implants and Short Scar Facelift

+2

You do seem to have a mildly weak chin, although the only way to tell for sure is to look at your whole face. Your neck at the hyoid angle (where the horizontal meets the vertical) is also weak. The one thing you do not have is excess fat. Therefore, any type of liposuction is not an option for you. Without examining you, I would suggest a short scar facelift like the MACS Lift and a chin implant. This has been very successful in improving similar problems. Of course, the only way to know for sure what you need is with a direct consultation with a qualified Plastic Surgeon.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Chin or mandibular implant for profile improvement

+2

I technically agree with Dr Rand, but my recommendation are a chin implant after the facial/jaw measurements are preformed, a mini neck lift. Also absolutely NOT Smart Lipo (I'm a Clinical Instructor for Smart Lipo), for the submental area in you. Regards.

Options for facial contouring: chin or mandibular implant?

+2

I am not a fan of mandibular implants and am not well versed in their longevity and risks. They are, generally speaking, not a popular facial contouring option. A short scar face lift and extended anatomical chin implant are one approach I would consider given your profile but a full evaluation would be in your best interest.

Implant to improve profile

+1

A chin implant would certainly give help to the frontal profile of the chin. A mandibular implant would make the jaw wider from the front-on appearance. A chin implant is an excellent way to give more facial balance and a stronger chin profile. The chin implants are made of silastic plastic and come in different sizes including small, medium, large, and extra large.

Improving profile

+1

Judging from your picture, you are an excellent candidate for a nice chin implant to give better balance and beauty to your profile. I am not a fan of mandibular implants as they tend to appear unnatural and there may be too many associated complicating circumstances. Liposuction or Smart Lipo would not be a good option.

Sigmund L. Sattenspiel, MD
Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant could improve your profile

+1

TammyA:

An in-person evaluation would be needed, but your photo suggests that a chin implant would improve your profile. That is, it would change the proportions or relationships of the lower chin, lips, under-nasal, forehead, etc. It also enhanced the definition of your jawline, towards the front.

Posterior mandibular implants (mandibular angle implants) are quite uncommon. They may be able to alter the contour of jawline in front of the ear. Research your surgeon carefully, as most surgeons have little or no experience with these devices. Plastic surgeons, ear / nose & throat surgeons, and oral-maxillofacial surgeons may have experience in that area.

As other surgeons here have mentioned, avoid so-called SmartLipo. You are right to question that. Removal of fat from your face or neck may create problems. It will not provide the tightening you might seek.

I cannot fully assess your jaw definition, but doubt that I would suggest face or neck lifts from what I see in your photo.

Sutton Graham II, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant might help improve profile

+1

If I had a true profile picture or saw you in person I could better determine if you need a chin implant. You have some loose skin under the neck and you do not have any excess fat. Do not do Smart Lipo on your neck. There are methods to help tighten the skin on your neck such as Fraxel or a mini lift. The chin implant may be a good option but I would need to get a better look at you to tell.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

You need a facelift to improve your neck

+1

You don't have a deficient chin and a properly done facelift will restore the depth and angularity of your neck, it will make your chin look stronger, and it will make you look younger but not operated upon. The last thing you need is Smartlipo because you don't have excess fat in the neck and the hype that it will "tighten" your skin is false.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS