Can my Chin Be Lowered

i have a chin implant, but it makes my lower face rounded. can a sliding genioplasty give me for chin length for a v shaped jaw line instead of my current rounded jaw line.

Options to lower chin

+1

A sliding genioplasty is a great choice to add vertical length to the chin. Whether it lead to the changes in the jawline you are looking for depends a lot on your current anatomy. An exam to discuss your goals and assess your current situation would be very helpful.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/chin-augmentation

Contouring the Chin: Chin implant versus Genioplasty

+1

It sounds like you are unhappy with your chin implant and would like to explore other options for lower face contouring. A sliding genioplasty is a very powerful operation when it comes to chin contouring but it will not do a huge amount for the jaw line. I would have to look at your profile and discuss with you what you have currently and what you are going after. Sometimes computerized imaging will help with this. Dr. Trussler