Chin Liposuction For Double Chin? Normal Weight, Naturally Round Face? (photo)

hi, im 5ft 6" and have never weighed over 135lbs in my life, but, despite being in a normal weight range i have a double chin, of sorts. my face is naturally round but lots of people have round faces and no double chin. my face tends to look normal from the front, but i have the worst profile thanks to my big chin, also smiling tends to make my chin look absolutely revolting. would getting liposuction on my chin be applicable? what cost would i be looking at?

Submental Lipo to contour your jawline

+1

Thank you for posting a picture of the area of concern. It looks as if you may be a good candidate for submental Smartlipo; which will remove the unwanted fat deposits. The laser being used will also help to tighten and thicken the skin. Consult with your surgeon to make sure this procedure will benefit you.

Neck lipo and cost

+1

It is likely genetic and at your age liposuction may be a reasonable option because your skin will naturally tighten after the excess fat is removed..Cost vary by geography and expertise. Expect $2000-4000 for your neck lipo.  Check with a plastic surgeon in your area.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

It looks like liposuction can improve your neckline

+1

From your photo it looks like liposuction of your neck and chin area will yield good results.  There are photos on the link below which may help you understand what kind of results are possible with submental liposuction

Dev Wali, MD
Claremont Plastic Surgeon

Great candidate for liposuction of the neck.

+1

Pictured is a young attractive female with obliquity in the neck most likely the result of selective fat distribution. Liposuction of the chin under local anesthesia should yield an excellent result.

Neck lift and chin implant

+1

The picture shows a deposits of fat in both the submental and sub-platysmal area of the neck, and a weak chin profile. Consideration for a neck lift with removal of fat above and below the platysma muscle and insertion of a small  chin implant would be the best option for  improvement.  The prices are posted on our website for both procedures

Liposuction For Double Chin

+1

While liposuction will make some improvement under the chin, the question is whether it will be enough. Liposuction only removes fat from above the muscle. You may also need subplatysmal fat removal to get complete elimination of your genetic double chin.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Chin Liposuction For Double Chin? Normal Weight, Naturally Round Face?

+1

I might suggest liposuction + Thermigen RF therapy in combination to achieve the results you desire. 

Chin liposuction and Normal Weight

+1

Thank you for your photo.  It appears that you are young and if by exam you have a reasonable amount of fat beneath your chin then liposuction could be beneficial.  Consult with a BC PS for a definitive recommendation.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Chin Liposuction for Double Chin

+1

Chin liposuction may be appropriate and may make a nice improvement.  The problem is that there are other things in the neck that need to be evaluated including the underlying muscle and fat underneath that muscle.  Liposuction can only remove the fat above the muscle.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lliposuction of chin

+1

From your photo, you do appear to be a candidate for liposuction of your neck and under your chin.  An evaluation in person would be needed to know for sure, but it seems as if the procedure could be beneficial to you.  The cost is going to vary from surgeon to surgeon, but typically, it is not a relatively expensive procedure.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon