Is Chin Liposuction the Solution for Me? (photo)

I am a 24 year old male. 5'9" and 138 pounds. I'm really skinny, but my jawline is not defined at all and I have a small double chin as well. It's really bothering me. I'd like to have a defined and chiseled jawline I usually hold my head a little pushed forward to hide it but I'm assuming that's not so good for my neck either. I tried doing different kinds of neck- and jaw exercises but they didn't work. Can a chin liposuction be the solution?

Lip or implant?

+2

Basically, any technique used for submental liposuction would give you a good result. Because you are young your skin would tie in automatically, and any other laser procedure that claims skin contraction is unnecessary. I do agree with other doctors in that you do have a weak chin. A small implant place at the same time as it liposuction would give you even a better result.

Chin Augmentation with Laser Lipo of the double chin will work

+2

Your chin is weak and there is a deposit of fat under your chin. Using Laser Lipo will tighten the skin as well as remove the extra fat deposit. Using a small chin implant will give your face the correct balance and your profile will be stronger.

Z. Paul Lorenc, MD

Ill defined jaw line

+2

Hi Aaron.  Thanks for sharing your photos with us.  It is unlikely that you have enough fat in your neck to warrant a liposuction.  Your profile view reveals a small chin.  An appropriate chin implant will give you more projection of the region with the added benefit of reducing the sagging skin causing the appearance of a double chin.  Good luck.

Joseph N. Togba, MD
Oakland Plastic Surgeon

Have to agree that chin liposuction will not accomplish what you need.

+2

Aaron

EIther a chin implant or alternatively augmentation with a sufficient volume of hyaluronic acid filler Perlane will help improve the chin profile and provide better balance for your face.

Chin implant and liposuction of the neck work very well together.

+2

Hi.

Just going by your pictures, you should have a lot of improvement with an extended anatomical chin implant (put in through a small incision under the chin) together with liposuction of your neck.  It's a short safe operation with a quick recovery.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Wealk chin and lipo?

+1

Chin implant will strengthen your chin. Lipo only creates definition, so if you chin is weak then the lipo alone will not give you the result you desire.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Chin Liposuction

+1
Cervical / submandibular liposuction
Some individuals have 'sagging' necks primarily due to fat accumulation below the jawbone (mandible). In some cases, liposuction alone can significantly improve the neck appearance. Liposuction is also frequently combined with surgical neck rejuvenation, and in selected cases some direct excision of fat (through a hidden incision below the chin) is performed. The reduction of fat in the area below the jawline and in the anterior neck almost always makes the neck appear longer, and makes the patient's profile appear more elegant or refined.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Improving the appearance of the profile

+1

This area is generally stubborn, and the presence of residual fat in the area can compromise the appearance of your profile. Neck exercises will not help eliminate fat in the area, and surgery is really the best option. The combination of neck/jowl liposuction and a chin augmentation will yield the best result. From here, I would recommend a consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience. He/she will be able to morph your photo using computer imaging software, and give you a great idea of how the final result may appear. Thank you, and please feel free to ask any additional questions. I would be happy to answer them for you!

Paul S. Nassif, MD