Why Does the Skin Under my Chin Feel Hard After Lipo?

Chin hardness after Lipo usually normal

It is very normal for the chin and neck to feel hard after Lipo, and to some degree, is a desirable goal to achieve a long lasting result. Rarely, it can be a sign of localized blood which needs to be drained, but you will need to see your surgeon to determine this.

Skin under chin feels hard after lipo

Sometimes after lipo the skin and soft tissue can feel a bit firm. This may be due to swelling and usually gets better with massage.

Skin texture after liposuction

It is normal for treated areas after liposuction to feel firm. Normal tissue swelling from the procedure creates this firmness. Other less common causes of skin hardening is a collection of fluid or blood from liposuction. Speak with your liposuction doctor to determine why your skin feels hard after liposuction. Best of luck.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon