Is Chin Liposuction an Option for Me? (photo)

Hello This July I am considering to do something about my face contour. I am 31 years old, 161 cm tall and weight 52 kg, so I am in good weight but for some reason I have excess of fatness in my chin which won't go away. Since I have some expression lines I am concern about shaggy skin after the procedure. It is very noticeable especially when I am laying or move my head to the side. Would you advice me chin liposuction to get rid of it or which options would you advice me? Thanks for the help!

Chin liposuction

+3

Chin liposuction is very helpful in patients with significant fat accumulation under the chin that causes the appearance of an obtuse neck to chin angle or a "double chin"  You have neither. Your neck looks great and your profile is ideal. The downside to Liposuction is that you may remove the fat that keeps your neck skin looking smooth and that would be a shame.

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Smart Lipo of chin is a great option for you

+2

Yes you are an ideal candidate for Smart lipo or laser liposuction of the chin. Fat accumulation occurs easily in some people beneath the jaw line. This localized dyslipotrophy or fat accumulation is often referred to as a “double chin.”

The submental region or chin area includes the area below the margin of the jaw, and extends onto the front of the neck. Regardless of one's age, an inherited localized collection of excess fat beneath the chin makes one look chubby, older and less athletic. 

Tumescent laser assisted liposuction with Smartlipo™ is the safest and most effective technique for removing fat from the chin, jowls and neck areas while providing tightening of the chin and jawline with the laser fiber. Laser assisted liposuction involves minimal if any scarring, little downtime and a slight inconvenience of a compression garment for 2-6 weeks depending on how quickly you heal.

The Smartlipo will provide a beautiful contour for you and a more youthful appearance!

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Chin Liposuction

+1
Cervical / submandibular liposuction
Some individuals have 'sagging' necks primarily due to fat accumulation below the jawbone (mandible). In some cases, liposuction alone can significantly improve the neck appearance. Liposuction is also frequently combined with surgical neck rejuvenation, and in selected cases some direct excision of fat (through a hidden incision below the chin) is performed. The reduction of fat in the area below the jawline and in the anterior neck almost always makes the neck appear longer, and makes the patient's profile appear more elegant or refined.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Chin Liposuction is a great procedure but...

+1

You are in the right age group for chin liposuction. It is true that even young people who are in overall good shape can have stubborn areas of fat underneath their chin. Those that are older usually need chin liposuction in addition to some type of neck lift but younger patients have the skin elasticity to "snap back" to the new normal.

In my opinion, I would say that in your case, you don't need need a procedure at this time. You have minimal to no excess submental fat. Your chin is below or at the same level as the rest of the area behind your chin. You have a nice, crisp cervicomental angle. If you came to my office looking for a procedure I would send you out and tell you to save your money for now. Your "problem" is such that you wouldn't get a real noticeable difference.

Michael Kim, MD

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Liposuction

+1

Yes, you appear to be an excellent candidate for liposuction of the chin. We have posted before and afters on this site of a similar patient on whom we performed submental liposuction using laser liposuction. She also had a need for neck liposuction which you do not.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Is Chin Liposuction an Option for Me?

+1

Liposuction of the chin area (submental area) is a very common procedure, and one which I perform with some frequency.  I often perform this in combination with neck liposuction and facelift.  The amount of skin retraction after liposuction depends on many factors, along with skin tone and elasticity, and it is very difficult to tell without actually examining you.  Your surgeon will be able to give you a better idea if you would benefit from liposuction of this area. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Chin liposuction for excess submental fat

+1

Based upon your photos, you should be an excellent candidate for liposuction of the chin. Your age and your good skin elasticity would make this the ideal procedure for you. You otherwise appear to have a good chin line so that this procedure could be easily done with a quick recovery.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon