Can Chin Liposuction Improve my Profile?

I'm 22 years old but have always had a sort of round chin, even in pictures from when I was a young child, and despite being otherwise very lean and tall. It produces the look of a slight double chin from the front, and gives me an odd, rounded jawline from the side. If I sort of pull back there toward my jaw and hold it with my fingers, I have a much nicer, straight profile so I don't think it's something wrong with my bone structure. What procedure might be an option for something like this?

Chin liposuction in young patients

+2

Hey Miggles,

Hook'em Horns!

Anyhow, your age and anatomy actually makes you an excellent candidate for chin liposuction.  Here's the break down:

1.  While chin liposuction can benefit just about anyone younger patients have favorable skin and tissue tightness that responds really well to lipo.  For you it's more about tightening the tissue beneath the skin than removing fat, though that's part of it.

2.  You will notice the results about 7 to 10 days after your procedure.  It's not instantaneous.  It takes about a week to heal and about two weeks to look really good.  Some prolonged swelling or firmness can occur (rare and lasts about a month).  You'll look even better two to three months out.

3.  Bruising can occur but usually is gone in a week.  Take Arnica Montana and eat a lot of kiwi.

4.  Your chin and jaw are great for supporting this procedure.  If your chin were weaker I might suggest an implant but you don't need.

5.  It should cost you about $2 to $3k.

6.  In Austin,  Ed Buckingham is a great person to see.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin liposuction and profile improvement

+2

Lipocontouring of the neck and chin area can provide a very natural, refreshed look and greatly enhance the jawline. You don't have a lot of fat under your chin and I would be conservative with the amount that was removed but I think that along with the skin tightening that results from lipocontouring you would get a great result. Good luck.

Chin liposuction should give a nice result

+2

Based on your photo and your age, liposuction under your chin should give a nice result and provide more definition to your jawline. Although there isn't a lot of fat there, the procedure itself will cause skin tightening in the area which will be seen for several months after the procedure. Consult with a few board certified plastic surgeons in your area in ensure you are a good candidate for this procedure.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Neck liposuction should provide a nice result

+2
Upon consultation with a surgeon he/she will determine if fat is the underlying cause of the fullness in the sub mental area. It appears from your your profile picture that it is and with that said neck liposuction would be a very good choice to help with the problem you describe. You appear to have very good skin tone which is a necessity in neck liposuction. Liposuction of this area is highly effective, with minimal downtime and extreme patient satisfaction. Best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Can Chin Liposuction Improve my Profile

+2

Thanks for the posted photo it helps. Yes you are a great candidate based upon the posted photo for submental chin liposuction. 

Chin liposuction improving a profile

+2

If the tissue below your chin is mostly fat, you should be an excellent candidate for liposuction.  The procedure involves making a tiny incision in the natural crease area below your jaw and doing liposuction, either the so called "standard" tumescent technique only (in which fluid is first placed which has lidocaine for pain and epinephrine to minimize any bruising) or in combination with ultrasound assisted liposuction, which can help tighten the skin more.  But based on your age, your skin tone is probably pretty good, and most likely you would have a great result.  If the tissue is not fat and it is muscle, then the result would be less.  A good Board Certified Plastic Surgeon should be able to guide you after examining you :)

It might help

+2

Liposuction can help...if....it is fat that is the problem. Sometimes enlarged muscles can create this look. In that case some other surgical maneuvers can often times help. A good examination will usually provide the proper diagnosis and treatment plan.

Germantown Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction neck

+2

I have found liposuction of the neck useful for the removal of moderate fat in the sub-mental area. The fact that your neck skin  appears to have good elasticity would  be a positive for you.

Web reference: http://www.plasticsurg.org/plastic-surgery-chicago.html

Improve Chin with Liposuction

+2

Based on your pictures, chin liposuction may be a good and easy option. You can discuss this with a Board Certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Neck Liposuction could Improve Profile

+2

From this low-side view you do appear to have a fullness of your neck portion between your jaws. This could be improved with liposuction. In addition, depending on the height of your chin, it can be made to appear longer along its lower area by placement of a long lasting filler. You can preview this appearance by having your Plastic surgeon inject the area with saline solution which will absorb in a few days but will show you how the filler may look.