Can I Get Chin Liposuction if I Am 30 Pounds Overweight?

I have been this weight for 5 years.

Chin Liposuction

+1

Neck liposuction should not cause any darkening of the skin, only a risk of mild bruising which is not common.  Body weight is an issue, but an exam with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon is needed to know if this is a factor.  More important is weight fluctuation over the past year.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Chin Liposuction in Overweight Patients

+1

Liposuction may be an option for you if your skin elasticity is good and you have neck anatomy that would benefit from liposuction.  If you have an airway that protrudes anteriorly, you will see less benefit from liposuction than someone with a more posterior airway.  Without pictures or seeing you in consultation, no one can predict how good a candidate you will be.  You should consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine the best option for you.

Donald Griffin, MD

Chin liposuction in overweight patients

+1
If the fat in your neck is bothersome, you can have it removed. I should call this the motherinlaw makeover because so many women desire it before the weddings to look good in the pictures! However, if you lose weight at. Later dat, there may be skin laxity and sagging.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Chin liposuction in an overweight patient

+1

If you are over your ideal body weight, it is difficult to determine if the fat in your chin/neck area is due to a genetic component or to excess body fat.  If you have been having difficulty losing weight with diet and exercise, liposuction can be effective at targeting specific problem areas.  I do not recommend liposuction as a weight loss procedure. A board certified plastic surgeon could examine you and easily determine if you are a candidate for this procedure.  Patients who are young with good skin tone usually have excellent results.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

You should not have Chin or Neck :Liposuction if you are 30 pounds overweight

+1

Liposuction is not recommended for patients who are significantly overweight. Liposuction in overweight patients can result in skin laxity post imperatively.

In addition, weight should remain stable after liposuction for the best result. If you do not lose your weight first the chances are high that you will re gain the weight and lose the benefit of the Liposuction

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Chin lipo in overweight patients

+1

Chin liposuction is a great procedure for removing localized excess fat. A healthy diet & exercise program is ideal. Liposuction does not address looseness of the skin.  In my experience, some patients may benefit from removal of excess skin as well as liposuction.  I individualize the course of treatment to the patient and the elasticity of their skin.  Experience matters - seek the advice of a board-certified plastic surgeon for individualized recommendations.

George John Alexander, MD, FACS

Liposuction of chin

+1

Yes, if you have fat in this area, liposuction would help to contour it down. It will not get rid of the excess skin though. Watch my videos.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon