Chin Lipo? Unsure of Necessary Procedure!

I am 22 years old and have alway been unsatisfied with my side profile. I do not quite have a double chin, more of a "turkey gobble" so I have no definition in my neck. I am 5"3' and 121lbs so this is genetic, not weight related. I am also aware that this makes my nose appear larger. What would be the best procedure for me? I feel it does not look like I NEED a chin implant when the skin is held back. I would be so much more confident in myself if my side profile looked this way.

Submental Liposuction

+1

Submental liposuction in a younger patient with good skin and localized supraplatysmal fatty deposits can be very effective.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Neck liposuction for double chin

+1

liposuction of neck can give very nice and dramatic results, especially in women who are younger and have good skin ellasticity. I have been always impressed that liposuction of the neck eliminate the need for chin augmentation unless there is severe chin set back.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Thermage to tighten skin

+1

Thermage is a non-invasive (no incision!) treatment that can tighten skin, renew facial contours, and stimulate your body to make healthier collagen—the building block that provides structure to your skin.

The procedure uses radiofrequency technology called ThermaCool that has been clinically proven to tighten and gently lift skin to smooth out wrinkles and renew facial contours. Fast and easy, Thermage requires no downtime from normal activities. And unlike laser treatments, Thermage can be performed on patients of all skin types. Thermage can be used not only for sagging facial, neck, and eyelid skin; but also all over the body, including flabby arms, hands, and legs. Now approved by the FDA for improving cellulite. Tighten and lift without surgery, injections, or downtime.

However, Thermage can have variable results if not performed by an experienced doctor. The best way to protect yourself is to consult a board-certified plastic surgeon who is professionally bound to engage only in techniques that have been deemed safe--after rigorous testing.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

22 year old and neck issues

+1

First of all, everyone gets a double chin when they dip it down into their neck. It does not look like you have significant neck fat in the photos.  An exam in person would be key. Some skin tightening devices may be useful for you but you would need to be seen in person.

Improving chin profile

+1

You can improve the chin contour with chin laser liposuction. I agree with your own assessment that you do not need a chin implant. The laser lipo will help with removal of fat under your chin and firm up the skin as well. This is generally done under local anesthesia and takes about one hour. Find a board certified plastic surgeon with laser liposuction experiences to find out more about it.

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery 

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Neck lipo

+1

You are a very good candidate for neck liposuction. Liposuction works best when used for localized fat deposits that do not respond to weight loss. the procedure can be done under local anesthesia with or without sedation, or under general anesthesia where you are completely sleep but that is not necessary. Recovery is very quick with minimal incisions that hide very well. Based on your photos no chin implant is needed. Make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the procedure in more detail. Good luck.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon