Chin Lipo Risks?

I am looking to get turmulescent micro lipo and I have been reading about all the risks...nerve damage, skin necrosis.. Etc. Can someone advise the % likelihood of risk? I am slightly nervous from what I read. Howver my doctor made it sound like such a simple procedure. Thanks .

Chin Liposuction Risks

+1

Skin necrosis and permanent nerve damage may have been reported, but I have never seen it.  There may occasionally be some transient nerve issues that resolve in a week or two.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction Use Caution when selecting a surgeon

+1
Liposuction, as you may have heard in the popular media, is the most commonly performed surgical procedure each year in the United States. Here's a statistic that you may not have heard: the majority of physicians performing liposuction in the United States are not plastic surgeons; in fact, many do not have any formal surgical training whatsoever. It seems hard to believe, but many physicians performing liposuction have had no more training in liposuction than a 'weekend course'. One way to determine whether or not a physician has had appropriate training in a particular surgery is to confirm that they have hospital privileges for that procedure.
I fear that some practitioners view liposuction as a 'simple' surgery, since it does not involve making large incisions, and it requires little, if any, suturing. Nothing could be further from the truth. Liposuction, in my mind, is a very challenging operation that requires careful planning and preparation, and a great deal of care and finesse when it is actually performed. It requires a three-dimensional understanding of the layers of human anatomy, an understanding that is second nature to a surgeon alone. I think that it is often an inadequate understanding of anatomy (and, perhaps, of the body's response to surgery) which leads to the poor results in liposuction and body contouring that unfortunately are so often seen.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Chin lipo risks

+1

You are right that there are certain potential risks associated with chin liposuction; however, the risk of nerve damage and skin necrosis is statistically very low.  Other risks including infection are very low with tumescent lipo, too.

Lawrence A. Osman, MD
Woodland Hills Dermatologic Surgeon