Is Chin Lipo Right for Me? (photo)

I've had no neck/chin definition since I was a teenager. I am 31 now and just got married. I was horrified at my wedding pictures. I just lost 35 pounds and have 15 more to go, but like I said, I was not overweight as a teenager and always had this problem. If I am able to lose the last 15 pounds, will it look ok? What kind of lipo is right for this problem and what are general rates?

Chin or Neck Liposuction if Overweight

+2

You should be so proud. Way to go! 

Looking at that one picture, you do not have a fatty looking chin and neck. However, usually you can see the fat better if the head is tilted down. So I assume we are not seeing you when the problem really is most apparent.

Liposuction of the neck/chin works well even if one is still 15 pounds overweight. The procedure can easily be done under local anesthesia with something being given to keep you calm.

Recovery is fast. Most of our people go back to most of their normal activities in one or two days.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction will make a difference in your chin and neck

+1

While this is not an ideal picture I can understand what it is you might want to change.  Your profile is just as important to a surgeon since the amount of skin retraction after liposuction is the issue.  You are young enough that the skin will retract with some compression after the fat is removed.

Recovery can take a week or more depending on the bruising.  Costs vary but expect to have to pay more than $2,000 for this to be done right.  Search for a Board Certified surgeon and don't cut corners.  It is your neck that is on the line here after all.

No neck or chin since teenage years

+1

While losing an additional 15 pounds will affect the fullness under your chin a bit I suspect that your anatomy is largely at play here as well. This is based on your comment that you had similar issues as a teen when your weight was lower. In these situations chin augmentation and/or a neck lift may be beneficial.

Without more detailed photos it's hard to say what liposuction alone would do. It's great that you've already lost 35 pounds and it would be best to reach your goal weight before having any surgery.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/neck-liposuction

Liposuction of the chin

+1

As you lose weight the contour of your chin may improve without any surgical intervention. However you may still have some fat that may not respond to weight loss. Based on this one photo it is not possible to determine if chin liposuction is appropriate for you. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an examination to determine if you are a good candidate for this type of procedure.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Losing another 15 pounds will have a profound effect on your appearance.

+1

Congratualtions!  Losing this much weight is amazing.  You will look better and feel better.  There is no question that losing more weight will have further beneficial effect on your apprearance.  At your age, you may or may not have issues with skin laxity.  I would say, don't worry about that right now.  Just continue on course and get to your traget weight.  Remember liposuction is not about weight reduction.  Problem areas that persist once you have achieved your target weight can be sculpted with liposuction. 

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.