Do You Think I Need a Chin/jaw Implant ? Maybe a Genioplasty? (photo)

i'm nearly 18 starting uni next year sept 2014, i am very fit as i exercise everyday and play tennis competitively and i was always happy with my looks!, However i am not happy with my jaw/chin it makes me look less masculine.Obviously i am still growing and my jaw can change however incase it doesnt what do you guys recommend? And what would cost range be? Or do you think i have an average jaww/chin? i want a well defined strong jaw and chin that can accompany a toned body..btw uk resident.

Do You Think I Need a Chin/jaw Implant ? Maybe a Genioplasty?

+1

Please share this answer, with your parents since you are under 18 years of age.  The only photo, supplied, that's appropriate for evaluating your chin is the profile view which shows a slightly weak chin.  Chin Augmentation with a Chin Implant would address this issue if an in person evaluation confirms what the photos appears to show.  Jaw Implants are problematic and would not be recommended.

Chin surgery

+1

A chin impant may give you the width and advancement you want.   Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Chin implant for recessive chin

+1
 Chin implants  come in a  variety of sizes and shapes which is best determined at the time of the consultation. The implant is inserted through small submental incision usually under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. 

Chin implant

+1

I would wait before getting a chin implant because of your age. I would consider the chin implant if your teeth (occlusion) are well aligned. No way to tell this from the pictures you have submitted. The cost varies from $5-7K depending upon geography.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

+1

If you have no problems with how your teeth meet, a chin implant is the simplest way to get the change you want. Perhaps wait until you have no more growth in height. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon