Should I Get Chin Implants? (photo)

I have braces but I get them off soon

Chin augmentation options

+1

It would be helpfull to see your profile but it looks like a Chin augmenation might suite you. This is becoming a very popular procedure in both men and women because it is safe and very effective. I would recomend and implant as it is has a quick recovery. Sliding genioplasty is also effective but much bigger surgery. Good luck

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should I get a chin implant?

+1

A side profile photo would really be necessary to give you the best advice. But based on the photo you provided, it is evident you may benefit from an implant. Chin implants yield fantastic results, and the surgery is simple with little down time. From here, I would recommend a consult with a board certified surgeon. He/she may use computer imaging software to morph your photo and give you an idea of how the final result may appear. I think you would be really happy with the result. I hope this helps, and good luck to you!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Chin implants improve the facial profile and balance of the entire lower face

+1

From the photo uploaded, a chin implant appears to be indicated for improving lower face balance. Chin implants come in many sizes and shapes. Your surgeon can discuss which would fit your face the best. Other more invasive options might include a sliding genioplasty.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Chin Implants for Men

+1

A profile view would be better to show your chin position. However, it does appear that chin augmentation will improve the contour of your jaw. The most popular technique involves placement of a solid silicone implant.

Chin Augmentation

+1

Dear Stoner21,

The photograph you attached is not very definitive in it's view of your chin. However from what I can see you appear to have a weak chin and a chin implant would help to bring better aesthetics to your overall features. If you would like to send other photographs specially a direct profile shot to my website or email I would be happy to give you further expert opinion. During consultation for chin augmentation and rhinoplasty patients I use a digital imaging computer this allows you to see what the proposed surgery would look like. A thorough evaluation and consultation will give you the proper diagnosis and surgical plan. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Should I Get a Chin Implant?

+1

It is hard to assess your chin with the single oblique photo you submitted but you do appear to have a weak chin. A chin implant can augment and reshape the chin and bring more balance to your lower face. Exactly which implant and what size would be needed would require an in person consultation to better evaluate your chin. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon