Will Chin Implants Improve my Facial Structure? (photo)

Am I a good candidate for an implant? I want to improve my projection, chin height, and chin width. I would like an unbiased opinion before I proceed in getting surgery

Desire for a more chiseled jawline

+1

Your chin appears to only need a slight improvement or augmentation.  In my practice I have seen an increase of young men wanting to improve the jawline to have a more chiseled look.  Facial augmentation or implant surgery is one of facial plastic surgery's most gratifying procedures. It provides immediate and effective results that can last a lifetime, while dramatically improving facial harmony. Seek out a board certified facial plastic surgeon in your area that performs simulated video imaging so that you can see how you might look after the procedure.  Best of luck!  Dr. Clevens

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

+1

Overall, you would not need a drastic change to improve the appearance of your profile, as it appears well balanced. A very small implant may yield an improvement, but nothing more than that would be necessary. Thank you and best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Candidiate for chin implant

+1
Your chin looks well balanced with your face in the above photograph. A few photographs with frontal view would be helpful in a full evaluation. I use an imaging computer with my consulting patients and can show what a proposed chin implant would look like before surgery. This may be something you should seek during a consultation for further evaluation.

Michael Elam, MD

Non-surgical Chin Augmentation with fillers are great for a preview of a chin implant surgery

+1

Looking at your photos your chin projection is average to slightly above average.  You still have room for augmentation if you are interested.  What I mean is your chin comes to a vertical line with your lower lip on profile, meaning you don't have a weak or small chin.  However, if you look at George Clooney on profile, his chin actually comes past his lip on profile.  So if you wanted and even stronger chin you could do it. 

A great thing to consider is a non-surgical augmentation with fillers as they may be all you need for just that last little bit.  You can do them in the office in about 15 minutes.  If you really like the effect, you may consider either a small implant or a permanent filler.

Good luck in your search for information!

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant

+1

A full-face frontal view is needed to give you a good opinion.  Also, secure a consultation with a surgeon that has alot of experience with inserting chin implants.  There are many sizes and styles to select from.  Also, a customized chin implant can be created and designed.  

David Alessi, MD

Assessing the benefits of chin augmentation

+1

One side view photo is inadequate to judge the three-dimenisonal needs/benefits of chin augmentation. You need three different facial angles and then computer imaging can be done to determine the dimensional changes you are seeking. When that is done then an opinion can be given on what type of chin implant would be best.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Chin Implant

+1

From the 1 photo you have sent I would say a chin implant would not be helpful re: projection. However, height and width issues require more photos. Seek out a qualified surgeon to examine you and give you proper advice.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Chin implant

+1

I would need a full face view from the front and the side to determine if you are a potential candidate

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Chin Implant

+1

I'm sorry but the photo you enclosed is not adequate to evaluate your facial contours. We would need to see the entire face front and profile and posed with your chin in a neutral position rather than lifted.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD