Chin implants and face shape?

To what degree do most chin implants help make the face more triangular? I have a fairly wide face....my cheekbones are wider than my temples...and compounded with a weak chin, the lower cheeks near the neckline start to look "puffy". Im sure you're familiar with what Im describing, giving me an overall rounded face. Id like for my face to look slightly more triangular so would a chin implant fulfill this?

Implants For A More Narrow Chin Shape

+1

While a chin implant can help make the face more triangular in the front view, be aware that most chin implant styles will not create that effect. Most chin implants are round in shape and have extended wings. This will create a wider and more round chin which is particularly disadvantageous for many women. Central button or more triangular shaped chin implants are needed to create a chin that is brought forward but is more narrow in width.

Chin implant and facial shape

+1

A chin implant can certainly lead to a more triangular shape to the lower face and neck area as well as improve the neck to chin angle. You just need to make sure that you don't have any major dental problems with your bite and that your teeth come together properly. If all that's ok, you should be an excellent candidate. There also may a role for liposuction of the neck if you have good skin elasticity and a fair amount of fat there. You should just make sure you meet with a surgeon who specializes in facial aesthetic surgery to guide you in this process. Best of luck.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

A Chin Implant Should Be Able To Give You The Facial Contour You Desire

+1

What you are describing is exactly what chin implants are meant to do. They are meant to add balance and finesse to the overall shape and contour of the face. The can make the face a bit longer or more angular from the front, while giving the appearance of more strength from the side. There are many different types, shapes, and sizes of the implants, making them a very customizable procedure. It is important that you meet with an experienced surgeon who does computer imaging as a normal part of their consultation process in order to see the effect that different kinds of implants would make on your overall appearance. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implants for Improved Facial Harmony

+1

Chin implants are used to change the appearance of the lower third of the face. Implants are typically placed for patients wanting to improve the appearance of their "weak chin" as seen on either frontal or profile view. Patients with small chins often complain of an undefined jaw/neck line, and this may be what you are referring to with regards to a "puffy" neckline. A small chin also can affect the appearance one's nasal shape and size. Assuming you don't have any significant dental or jaw problems, options to improve the appearance of your chin include things like a chin implant or a genioplasty. Implants are typically made of material like porous polyethylene or silicone, the latter being the most popular. Surgeons typically will select one of two approaches to place a chin implant: through a submental incision or via an intraoral approach. I prefer the submental incision because I think it heals faster with less risk for infection. Choosing between these two options would be based upon your preference and what your plastic surgeon thinks would best help you reach your goals.

Ashley B. Robey, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant needs

+1

If you have a good bite and you teeth are in the proper position and you have good occlusion, you probably do not need any type of mandibular ( orthognathic ) surgery. The placement of a chin implant easily under local anesthesia should be an excellent choice to reshape your face.. Chin implants come in all sizes and shapes. Depending on your concerns and your present face shape the "right" implant to solve your problem can easily be ordered and placed. Some liposuction can be added to get the result you desire if indicated

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Implant?

+1

An advancement genioplasty may be better for you than an implant. The genioplasty will advance you chin without widening the mandibule. Not so with certain implants. Good luck. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD