Chin Implant, Lipo or Even a Bone Related Surgery? (photo)

Hello! I'm 19, and I've always been pretty skinny. Even so, I've always had a double and a weak chin. My mom and grandmother do too. I'm looking for a permanent change. But I don't know what kind of surgery that would benefit me the most, so I would like to get in touch with a few surgons in the DC or Maryland area who are both reliable and inexpensive. Could you please recomend some? From the pics, what do you think I would need? Would a chin implant be enough? Wanna feel like the 19 I am

Chin Implant and Chin Liposuction

+1

The combination of a chin implant and chin liposuction can be powerful in improving definition of the jaw and neck.  I think both of these procedures would help, but an examination would be necessary for confirmation.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Addressing double chin and weak chin

+1

A small silastic chin implant would improve the profile of the jaw line and give more projection to the mandible.  This will not improve the contour of the neck where the fat is present in the submental area.  Submental liposuction would need to be performed underneath the chin it improve the jaw and neck line.

Chin liposuction

+1
Cervical / submandibular liposuction
Some individuals have 'sagging' necks primarily due to fat accumulation below the jawbone (mandible). In some cases, liposuction alone can significantly improve the neck appearance. Liposuction is also frequently combined with surgical neck rejuvenation, and in selected cases some direct excision of fat (through a hidden incision below the chin) is performed. The reduction of fat in the area below the jawline and in the anterior neck almost always makes the neck appear longer, and makes the patient's profile appear more elegant or refined.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Improving the appearance of the profile

+1

Based on your photos, it appears you may benefit from liposuction of the chin/neck area and a chin augmentation. I think you would be very happy with the result. From here, I would recommend a consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who uses computer imaging software. He/she will be able to morph your photo and give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and best of luck to you. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Implant vs. Bony Genioplasty For Short Chin

+1

It appears that you would do well with either a chin implant or a sliding genioplasty to correct your short chin and lengthen your jawline.  I would check with an orthodontist to make sure you do not have a significant malocclusion to make sure total jaw advancement may not be best treatment however before proceeding with just chin surgery.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

What to do about weak chin?

+1

Thank you for the pictures.  They are very helpful.  It appears that you may truly need a lower jaw surgery to greatly improve your chin and jaw line aesthetics.  This is typically done in conjunction with an Orthodontists and Oral Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon.  If that is not an option for you the next best potential treatment would be a chin enhancement.  I typically prefer to advance the chin using the patient's own chin bone.  A chin can be augmented with silicone implant as another option.  Chin liposuction does not appear it would be helpful in your case.  The best advice would be to consult with a couple of BC PS to get a detailed examination and recommendations.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Chin Implant, Lipo or Even a Bone Related Surgery?

+1

Assuming that your teeth line up well, then a chin implant would improve your profile significantly. I would recommend combining this with liposuction to really improve the angle between your jaw and neck. These procedures are very safe and effective when performed by an experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Double chin and weak chin

+1

From your pictures, it does appear that you would be a candidate for chin augmentation and possibly liposuction under your chin (on your upper neck).  Both of these procedures should improve primarily your profile appearance.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon