Chin Implanted Lob-sided, How can I Get this Fixed?

I had a chin implant on the 15th of november, 2011, my chin is not aligned or straight anymore, its actually on a slant, the surgeon said its normal and that it might be swelling and to wait another week, he also says he can fix it with fillings, i didn't want a short turn solution, I want it to be long term, should i remove it, whats the soonest i can have it removed?? whats the advise for me?

Chin Implant and asymmetry

+1

I would wait for up to 6-8 weeks post-op for the swelling to resolve before determining if the implant has shifted or folded on itself. If in fact the asymmetry persists due to shifting of the implant it is possible to touch up with filler in order to improve asymmetry. I would prefer having it removed and replaced with possible screw fixation.

Fillers are great for improving asymmetry after chin implant surgery

+1

I would recommend using fillers to help with this asymmetry.  You can use a permanent filler like Artefill and have a straight, symmetric contour with a 5 minute in-office procedure.

Adding fillers will be easier and expose you to less risk than removing the implant and replacing it.

That being said, it would be nice to have your surgeon examine you and ensure the implant isn't curled on itself inside.  If that is the case, it's better to have a small revision surgery.

The good news is you have options and ultimately you should be able to get a very satisfactory result.

Good luck in your search for information.

Web reference: http://yourfaceinourhands.com/plastic-surgery/chin.cfm

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical Chin

+1

Wait another 6-weeks  so you can determine if the asymmetry is due to swelling (you're only 3 weeks after surgery) or chin implant placement. I would also prefer revision surgery as opposed to fillers.

Some asymmetrical chin implants may be improved with Injectable Fillers.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos: You should be able to tell within the next few weeks whether your asymmetrical chin implant is from swelling or not. When the swelling resolves (4-6 weeks post-op), if your chin still looks crooked, you may be able to improve the look of your implant with fillers. I have performed this on patients that liked their chin projection, but desired improved symmetry. My personal preference is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

After waiting for your swelling to resolve, if you're unhappy and want your implant removed, silicone implants may be removed: usually without incident and with minimal downtime.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/PageID/4241

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant

+1

You may still have some swelling following your procedure which will subdue with some time.  If after the swelling has resolved within the next couple of weeks, you still see that the implant is not aligned, then you may want to have a revision and either have the implant sutured at multiple points or fixated with screws.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com

Chin Augmentation Asymmetry and the Timing Of Revisional Surgery

+1

Being just three weeks after surgery, the most important thing is to not consider a revision until you are sure all of the swelling has gone down. While the chin implant may very well be off-center or have some other issue, it is just too early to say for sure that it is. If it looks the same at 6 weeks after surgery with no change at all, then I would do a revision where the implant is repositioned, preferably with screw fixation so there is no further risk of implant slippage or less than a perfectly symmetric chin location.

Web reference: http://www.eppleychinaugmentation.com/