Chin Implant on a 15 Year Old?

I am 14 years old and I really want to get a chin implant (during the summer when I will be 15). I know a lot of people say that this is too young and that maybe my face has not fully developed but I am pretty sure my chin cant grow back from where it is now. This would make me so much happier and wow. I cant even imagine. It would be like a dream come true. I am ok with any risks. I am wondering if any surgeons would do a chin implant on a 15 year old and how much it would cost. Thanks.

Proper age for chin implant in females

+2

In reviewing your question and the pictures provided, I would advise waiting until you are 17 or 18 prior to getting a chin implant. You want to make sure that you are done growing prior to placing a permanent implant in the face (chin). When you decide to get the surgery, make sure to ask for a chin implant (with lateral extensions) that also enhances the side areas of the chin as well as the central area.  Hope that is helpful, from LA, Dr. Vartanian.

Glendale Facial Plastic Surgeon

You appear to be a good candidate for Chin Implant Surgery.

+2

I read your concern, and reviewed your profile photo. In my view, if your growth-spurt from puberty has completed, you could consult several reputable facial plastic surgeons for a chin implant. Based on your description, a well-performed chin implant would make you very pleased, and this is a relatively low-risk procedure.

If your parents are agreeable, you can find a list of local certified surgeons at abfprs.org.

Regards from NJ:

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

How old to be candidate for chin implant

+2

You typically want to make sure that your facial growth is completed before having chin surgery. This is usually around 15-16 years old for females.

Given your current chin projection you may want to check with a dentist regarding your overall tooth allignment. Your jaw growth may have affect this and an oral surgery procedure to reposition the jaw may be indicated.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Chin Augmentation for Teenager

+1

Most chin aug procedures are done on adults when final chin growth is finished. However in certain cases of malocclusion and undergrowth that is severe it may be warranted but orthognathic analysis would be required

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Chin Implant at 15

+1

At 15 years old, your facial structure may still be developing and changing. Therefore, most surgeons will not feel 100% comfortable placing a chin implant at this time. However, you could always try the non-surgical alternative. It will give you a chance to customize the chin that you want, and buy you time until you are a bit older. Using Radiesse, a surgeon can create a chin that looks and feels just like real bone. What's more, it is cheaper, and involves no anesthesia or downtime. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Chin Implant, Chin Augmentation

+1

Your profile appears to show a weak chin.  If you have been evaluated for braces and the orthodontist and your parents are in agreement, I see no reason that you would not be able to have a Chin Implant.  I only use the intra-oral approach for placement of Chin Implants and you shoould have a couple of consultations with your parent for recommendations from Facial Plastic Surgeons or Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeons.  If the majority of your growth has already occured, Chin Implantation might be a good solution to strengthen your chin's appearance.  We charge $4,500 - $5,500 for Chin Implants plus OR and Anesthesia fees.

Chin Implant or orthognathic surgery

+1

Looking at your picture, you will need to consult a maxillofacial specialist to do full evaluation of your occlusion and possibilty of orthognathic surgery rather than chin implant. Your chin/mandibule deformity is more extensive to be corrected with chin implant only.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant at age 15

+1

I appreciate your anxiety, but  I'm concerned about future facial growth. The occlusion of your teeth must also be evaluated. If braces are recommended, now would be a good time to do that.  How do your parents feel about this?

Chin implant 15 year old

+1

I would consider waiting until you reach facial maturity or until you were at least 18 years old as your face may change shape.

Samer W. Cabbabe, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant?

+1

Yes you might still be maturing and parental consent is another issue. FYI cost $3,000. From MIAMI DR. Darryl J. Blinski