Weak chin for over 20 years: Do I need a chin implant and how much will it cost? (Photo)

Been thinking about my weak chin for 20 years now, and am finally at a financial place to get it done. So: 1) Should I? 2) How much should it cost? (FLA)

Would a chin implant help?

+3
From review of your photos it appears a chin implant would be aesthetically helpful for you.  The procedure is well tolerated and cost will vary depending on type of implant used and anesthesia.  I would suggest a consultation for further assessment and recommendations from an experienced facial plastic surgeon.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a chin implant?

+2
Chin implant would produce a very nice change for you and improve facial balance.

Do I need a chin implant?

+2
Looking at your photos, it appears you would be a good candidate for a chin implant. I would recommend seeking an in-person consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. He/she will examine you in person and give you the best advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Weak chin

+2
I believe you would benefit from either a chin implant or advancement genioplasty to strengthen your profile.  This will improve your chin/neck relation but could be further enhanced with a little liposuction.  See a board certified surgeon for evaluation and prices.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Do I need a chin implant?

+2
Yes, you absolutely would benefit from a chin implant.  Your chin is receded and this gives the lower portion of your face a less angular/masculine look.

Chin implant candidate?

+2
From the profile view pictures you provided, you do appear to be a good candidate for a chin implant.  You could go over the different styles and sizes of chin implants at the consultation with your surgeon to determine which would be best for you.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a chin implant?

+2
Being on the other side of the country from you, I can't tell you cost info, you would need to call some local surgeons for the info. But I can say you are a good candidate for a chin implant. Our patients that get this procedure are extremely pleased and no one ever knows you had surgery, you just look good to them because of the improved proportions between the facial components.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Do You Need a Chin Implant?

+2
Although nobody technically "needs" a chin implant, the photos posted show evidence of a chin that would benefit aesthetically from an implant.  Costs will vary based on where you live, but should be in the $4,000-5,000 range.  I strongly recommend IV sedation for this procedure; being aware for this procedure is TMI for the majority of patients and somewhat anxiety provoking.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

A chin implant would definitely improve the balance of your face and your profile

+2
A chin implant is one of the most dramatic improvements in a patients face. Chin implant is a relatively simple operation which gives excellent result in the appropriate patient. A small incision under the chin is the way I prefer. It is also important to put the implant directly on the bone of the chin, under the  fibrous covering of the bone. This can be done under local anesthesia or under general anesthesia. The cost will depend on what you choose. I usually prefer general anesthesia so that the patient is more comfortable. While it is a little hard to see from your photos, you may well have an additional benefit from liposuction of your neck and under your jaw. 

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD

Yes!

+2
Yes, a chin implant would be an excellent procedure for you.  It would strengthen and masculinize your profile.   The price will vary on where you live, what type of implant is used, and what type of anesthesia is recommended.   Obtain a consult with experience in this procedure.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon