Chin Implant, Is My Chin Too Small?

Hi i am considering getting a chin implant however i fear that my chin is way too small and my chin bone is too small that i wonder where would the implant sit is that possibility ?

Can small-chinned people be treated with chin implants?

+2

I have placed many chin implants in people with VERY small chins, as long as the person's dental occlusion (tooth alignment) is good. Chin implants work VERY well in this circumstance.

If your dental alignment is poor, you may be better served by an advancement of the lower jaw. Photos and/or in-person consultation are the next step.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant Sizing Options

+1

To answer your question in a generality then "no" your chin is probably not to small for augmentation. Chin implants come in different sizes and shapes for varying facial features and aesthetic needs. The size and type of implant needed would vary depending on your personal needs to provide proper symmetry to your features. best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Chin augmentation options for a very small chin

+1

It's hard to say whether you're a good chin implant candidate without seeing your chin. It's rare that a chin is too small to be able to have an implant placed. There may be limitations as to what level of augmentation you'll be able to achieve, though.

I'd recommend visiting with an experienced facial plastic surgery to see what your options are.

In the meantime you can learn more about chin augmentation at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Not All Patients Are Candidates

+1
Thank you for your question. Not all patients are appropriate candidates for a chin implant. Very small chins can cause an unnatural result. I would recommend consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

+1

Photos would really be necessary to help provide you with the best advice. In general, a chin implant can yield fantastic results for the right patient. I would recommend a consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who uses computer imaging software. He/she may morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Implant for small chin

+1

Many sizes and shapes of implants are available today and almost all chin sizes can be improved. A photo would be very helpfull. I suspect a broader tapered implant might be something to consider if your chin seems very small. An in person exam is necessary. The attached video explains some of the options for improving the chin and neck area.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

+1

Pictures would be helpful to determine if you would be a candidate for a chin implant or not.  There are many different shapes and sizes of chin implants, so just because you have a small chin does not necessarily mean you could not have an implant.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant Size

+1

A chin implant can be a wonderful transformative procedure if performed correctly, and with use of newer more advanced implants (Mittleman pre-jowl implant).  This question cannot be fully answered without pictures. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Too Small for Chin Implant?

+1

Sorry, I did not see the picture that you posted.  It is possible that you are not a candidate for chin implant.