Do I Seem Like a Good Candidate for Chin Augmentation? (photo)

Hello and nice finding you! I really need to ask you a question and i uploaded a photo for you to have a more clear view.I want to improve my chin.I don't have problem in biting,despite having a retrusion (my lower and upper teeth don't fit) but I don't want to fix this problem anyway.I only want to improve my chin.Can I use large or extra large implant to do the job because I want to avoid to interfere by breaking jaw etc or there is no other way?? Thanks a lot to everyone!

Chin Implant

+1
A chin implant can help improve your condition but the results will depend on several factors. An overly large implant can deepen the crease in your chin giving you a “witch chin” deformity. I recommend consulting with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. They will be able to better evaluate your anatomy in office and guide you on treatment options.

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Good or bad candidate for chin augmentation

+1

The best option for retrusive chin is to perform a chin augmentation, which can be done under local anesthesia.  The size and shape of the implant would be determined at the time of the consultation based on the patient’s needs and wishes.  It is important not to select too large of an implant, otherwise results will appear unnatural.

Chin Augmentation

+1

You are a good candidate for a chin augmentation. Size will be determined during consultation and physical examination. The implant will increase the depth of the crease at the bottom of your lip which may limit the size of the implant selected.

Chin implant candidate or not.

+1

Hi there,  Looking at your picture, i can appreciate that you have a pronounced fold between your lower lip and chin.  This occurs when the lower jaw sits farther back than normal causing lack of support of the lower lip.  Adding a chin implant may accentuate this fold.

I would strongly consider surgically moving the lower jaw forward first.  This is orthognathic surgery.  With this, you may very well find that your chin projection is adequate.  You can gain some understanding for the predicted outcome if you were to slide your lower jaw forward a few millimeters while observing the change in your profile.

Another advantage of the jaw surgery is that your bite will improve (often in conjunction with braces) as well as  the stability and health of your teeth and gums.

Good luck to you.

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS

Chin implants can do wonders for the jawline.

+1

Hi.

Going by your picture, you seem like an excellent candidate for chin augmentation.  It is really mandibular augmentation, because the extended anatomical implants wrap around both sides of the chin.  We use sterile sizers during surgery to determine which size is best for you.  In men, it is OK to go a little larger.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Good Candidate For Chin Implant

+1

You would be a good candidate for chin implant augmentation. What size and style of chin implant that would suit you the best requires additional pictures from the front view as well as computer imaging predictions. This will allow you to participate in the implant selection process.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD