Just Had Chin Implant - Does Your Bottom Lip and New Protruded Chin Make You Look Like You Have an Underbite?

I just had chin implant surgery on Thursday with a 12mm implant. I have some swelling and when I look in the mirror, I look like I have a slight underbite with my bottom lip sticking out. Is this normal? Is it the swelling from the chin, bottom lip and jaw area? Or is the implant too big? My doctor is out of state, so I won't have my follow up until next week and wanted to get answers.

Lip Protrusion Five days Post Chin Augmentation

+1

A picture and examination would be helpful in understanding fully your questions and concerns. With that said however please know you are very early in the recovery phase at five days post surgery. It is common to have some swelling post surgery and the amount of swelling may also depend on the approach, technique and type of implant used. If you are concerned and need some immediatte answers your surgeon must have someone taking call for him/her and possibly a visit could put your mind at ease. Best regards!

Lower lip protrusion after chin implant

+1

It's hard to say what's normal or not without seeing your chin area, but given that your surgery was so recently I would expect a fair amount of swelling and changes to the area including your lip.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD