Can You Get a Chin Implant While Still Having Radiesse in Your Chin or is This Not a Good Idea?

I had a Radieese injection on my chin 6 months ago I know it lasts a year or more, I was wondering if I can get a chin implant next week or is there a higher risk of infection is their any way to get rid of the excess Radiesse in the chin?

Chin implant and Radiesse

+1

There is no additional risk of infection with chin implant six months after injection of Radiesse.  There is also no antidote which would reverse Radiesse. 

It is safe to get the chin implant, but the remaining filler may make it more difficult to choose the correct size implant

+1

It is safe to have a chin implant with Radiesse in your chin.   There is not an increased rate of infection.  

The one issue is that I might predict is the ability for the Doctor pick the correct size implant.  The advantage of a chin implant compared to fillers is;

-  It is permanent

-  It does not require repeat treatment

If Radiesse is currently augmenting your chin, then it may be hard for the surgeon to pick the correct size chin implant.  If he places a chin implant that looks good with the Radiesse in place, as the Radiesse re-absorbs the chin may begin to look small.  Unfortunately, there is no way to remove injected Radiesse.  

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant and Radiesse can be done close together.

+1

Chin implant and Radiesse can be done close together. They are placed at different levels and this should not be a problem.