Chin Implant - Tight 8 Months Post Op? (photo)

I got small silicone chin implant 8 months ago. It is still tight, and I cannot smile the same as before. My bottom lip does noe move as far down. I saw my ps today and he recommends removing. He said the muscles should have relaxed by now, and removal should resolve my issue. He will remove via intranet oral incision and suture the implant pocket closed and tack it. Should I get a second opinion, and will removing this resolve the tight feeling and smile issue, or is this nerve damage?

Chin Implant Removal For Tightness

+2

While persistent tightness after a chin implant is uncommon, its only resolution at eight months after surgery is implant removal. This is not a nerve injury but clearly the soft tissue have not accommodated to the bony augmentation. The other option is to change it into a smaller central button style chin implant where the total implant volume is less.

Chin implant

+1

You can remove the implant and hopefully that will take care of your issues.  You could consider an advanement genioplasty which maintains normal muscular attachment to the mandible.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

+1

Unless you are zoo unhappy allow a full 12months before having removal in my opinion. Than you have allowed full healing a getting use to it time.