I Just Got a Chin Implant Now There is Like a Bump, Is This Normal?

Its neen overto weeks since i got a chin implant now i feel like a bump or something is it the implant and is this normal? It just feels really weird and not normal.

Hello

+1
I would recommend that you see your surgeon and address your concern. Its still very early after surgery you are still very swollen.

A photo may be helpful for analysis of your bump after Chin Implant Surgery.

+1

In general, a visible bump two weeks following Chin Implant Surgery could either be an area of localized swelling, or possibly the implant itself. When chin implants are in good position, they're typically not visible or palpable. You should alert your surgeon and see him for evaluation.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after chin implant surgery

+1

It takes up to three months after chin implant placement to be fully healed. I would not worry at just two weeks out about any bumps or irregularities. There is still swelling, blood etc which has yet to clear and then the tissues have to settle down around the implant for its final shape. You are not even halfway being recovered from the surgery yet.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD