Chin Implant Slipping?

Hi! Im 10 days post op and I have a silicone implant with wings put in. Yesterday when I was eating some food i suddenly felt like one of the wings jumped out of position. Is it possible that this could have happened? Or can it be something else that I felt? I also have quite a lot of swelling and numbness on this side.

Implant Shifting after Eating

+1

Although implants can be placed in less than optimal position, eating typically does not typically dislodge the implant.  Numbness an swelling can be normal as well.  If you have any further questions, contact your plastic surgeon.

Chin implant slipping?

+1

It is unlikely that your implant shifted, as it would take more force for this to happen. I would recommend following up with your surgeon, as he/she knows the details of your procedure. I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Possible chin implant slippage

+1

At 10 days after your chin implant procedure, it normally would take a good amount of force to move the implant.  I doubt that eating would cause it to move.  The best course of action would be to see your surgeon to have it checked out.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon