Chin Implant with Sliding Genioplasty

Can i have a chin implant and a sliding genioplasty at the same time? I want to add length to my chin but i also like how a chin implant widens the chin. can i have both width and length? I have heard a lot of bad things about the sliding genioplasty, such as bone loss? what are my chances of the bone wearing away after a sliding genioplasty? is this a safe procedure to have? thanks!!

Chin implant and sliding genioplasty

+1

Without seeing pictures it is difficult to say with certainty what you would benefit from. The majority of patients with microgenia can get the projection they desire from picking the right chin implant with guidance of their surgeon.

A sliding genioplasty involves an incision on the inside of the lower lip. A surgical saw is then used to make a cut in the jawbone which allows the bone to be mobilized and shifted forward. The bone is then anchored in place with a plate and screws. In my opinion this is a bit aggressive. The risks include malocclusion (your bite is altered), nerve damage that could result in permanent loss of sensation, damage to teeth, and a much longer healing time.

I would keep it simple, put an implant in and avoid the genioplasty.