Can a chin implant or sliding genioplasty help shape the lower lips? (photo)

I have a receded chin, and I am planning on getting either a chin implant or sliding genioplasty to move it forward. But what bothers me the most is not my chin, but my lower lip. It doesn't align with my upper lip and it drapes which make it look like my lips don't close all the way. I have been told that a chin implant or s.genioplasty might give my lower lip some more support and help it pull up. What other procedures are there for correction of my asymmetric and saggy lower lips?

Can a chin implant or sliding genioplasty help shape the lower lips?

+1
  A chin implant can help support the lower lip.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of facial procedures and chin implants each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Chin augmentation to help improve lower lip shape

+1

You're right that chin augmentation with a sliding genioplasty or chin implant can help improve the soft tissue support of the lower lip.

This type of surgery won't really change the actual size of the lower lip itself.

You can read more about chin augmentation surgery at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD