Chin Implant or Rhinoplasty Which Would Be Most Beneficial? (photo)

I can only afford one at the moment which would be the more beneficial?

Chin Implant will help

+2

Your nose is a strong feature, but your profile will best be addressed by Chin Implant-- an outpatient procedure with good results. Also, Computer Imaging will help you see your anticipated results before surgery. Best, Edward J. Gross @ Primera in Lake Mary.

Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mentoplasty or Rhinoplasty?

+2

I would recommend that you get the mentoplasty, or chin impant, done. I believe that you will be very happy with the result, but be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Scott Loessin, MD
Key West Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant or Rhinoplasty Which Would Be Most Beneficial?

+2

Aesthetically speaking, IMHO there's no question that Chin Augmentation would aesthetically improve your face much more so than a Rhinoplasty.  A Chin Implant placed through an incision under the chin would balance the profile and the entire lower face.  IMO, the reason the nose appears large is because the chin is very weak. The Chin Implant can be placed ina about 30 minutes.  Hope this helps.

Chin or nose ?

+2

Thank you for the question and photo, it would be more helpful if you posted more photos on different angles.

However, II can see as mall chin and smaller jaw, thats need to be addressed more than the nose job. And again the chin implant without mandible advancement ( lower jaw) would not give you enough results.

Good luck

Fatema S. Alsubhi, MD
UAE Plastic Surgeon

Chin augmentation

+2

From the looks of your picture, a chin augmentation would make the biggest difference in your appearance, much more so than a rhinoplasty.

If you have to pick one, I'd do the chin.

Hope this helps, 
Dr. Hall

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS

Improving facial profile using a chin augmentation

+2

The best procedure for you would certainly be a chin augmentation.  From your photograph it appears that you have a significantly recessed chin.  Your nasal profile looks fine.  

Rhinoplasty and chin implants

+2

If you can only afford one the chin implant will give you the most bang for your buck. You can prove that to yourself by coloring in a larger chin on a side view photo of yourself. The nose will then not seem so in need of surgery.

Your entire lower jaw looks small so make sure your surgeon does a full examination of the jaw and dental alignment before doing any actual surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Chin Augmentation Trumps Rhinoplasty in Very Short Lower Jaws

+1

In looking at your profile picture, your best benefit is going to come from chin augmentation without question. This is because your chin problem is far greater than your nose problem. In other words, correction  of your chin shortness will make a far greater contribution to your facial proportions than trying to shorten the nose which only appears big/long because of how short your chin is. This is easy to prove by computer imaging. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Chin implant or rhinoplasty, how to decide

+1

Both rhinoplasty and chin augmentation can give a very nice result, though they will impact your profile is very specific ways. Certainly the strongest change will come from the chin implant. In order to decide, computer imaging can be the most helpful so that you can 'try out' changes and see what to expect from each.

Chin or Nose?

+1

In my opinion, your nose isn't at all bad, and will look much more in proportion if you got the chin implant first.

Before you do anything, be sure that your occlusion is OK.  If for example, your real problem is a short mandible, that should be fixed to preserve your tmj's and teeth, while at the same time it can improve your profile.  Your maxilla should also  be evaluated before any implants are done.

Scott E. Kasden, MD