Chin Implant Revision For Less Than Desired Projection? (photo)

Hi, I got an extra small elongated Implantech chin implant 4 years ago. I think my chin projection is less than desired. What chin implant and size should I have to reach my goal? I do struggle a bit with mentalis strain. Do you think a bigger implant will make my mentalis muscle less strained? I have been struggling with different problems after surgery too. Stiffness, numbness and lack of sensation in chin and lower lip, but its not present all the time. I can't do SG my new PS says.

Chin Implant Revision For Less Than Desired Projection?

+1

Over the internet very hard to advise! Best to seek IN PERSON evaluations ONLY! You have so many concerns/questions that I would need to see you IN PERSON to examine the facial/mandibular area. 

Chin implant revision

+1

It's impossible, just from pictures, to tell what style and size of implant would be best for you.  If you are just looking for more projection and you like the style of implant you have now, you could just use the same style but a larger size.  You should be able to determine the best implant for you during a consultation with your surgeon.  A larger implant would not necessarily give you more issues after surgery, and the placement of the new implant could potentially improve the current problems you are having.   

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

The photos provided make it difficult to see your current chin on profile.  Aesthjetically, for a man, the chin should reach an imaginary vertical line drawn down from the lower lip.  If you are near that line, no further aesthetic benefits will derived from a larger Chin Implant.  The periodic numbess may be due to the implant tail rubbing against the mental nerve on one or both sides of the chin.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/ChinImplants.html