Chin Implant Revision - My current implant makes my jawline too wide & my chin too long & square.

My current implant makes my jawline too wide & my chin too long & square. Would an implant similar to the Flowers Mandibular Glove from Implantech give a witch's chin appearance? Will it resolve my current concerns? Will the tissue shrink back & fit the new implant? Thank you for your time and help!

Revising chin augmentation with different implant

+2

Without any pictures, it is impossible to give an opinion as to whether or not what the current implant is doing for the shape of the jawline. A Flowers mandibular glove from Implantech is an excellent chin implant that we frequently use in our practice. It does not give a witch’s chin appearance. It gives a nice rounded contour to the chin and is available in different sizes. Your tissue will shrink back and fit the new implant without any problems whatsoever.

You can have your chin implant replaced or modified.

+2

If your implast is too large, it may be replaced with a smaller one, or you can have part of the existing implant shaved down for less chin projection.

A Flowers Mandibular Glove from Implantech is a wonderful implant for restoring volume higher on your chin than a typical extended anatomical implant.

Feel free to post or email photos, and I'll be happy to share my thoughts with you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant revision surgery

+2

Sometimes after a recent chin implant, your body may be more swollen given the illusion of a wider chin that will resolve over time. However, if it has been longer and you are not happy with your current chin implant, I would reconsult with your surgeon to discuss your options. There are different types of implants that may suit you better if a change is necessary and you have mentioned just one of many different types and shapes that are available. Without an examination, it would be difficult to recommend anything further. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Different shape and size chin implants

+1

IF your implant has been in for a relatively short time then the skin should shrink back if the implant is removed. Predicting a particular appearance without knowing more about the details and your specific anatomy is difficult.

Chin implant concerns.

+1

Without a photo how can your issues be addressed? I would not even venture a guess if the other choices of implant are appropriate for YOU!

Best of luck from MIAMI Dr. B