Chin Implant Revision

My current implant makes my jawline too wide & my chin too long & square. Would an implant similar to the Flowers Mandibular Glove from Implantech give a witch's chin appearance? Will it resolve my current concerns? Will the tissue shrink back & fit the new implant? Thank you for your time and help!

Revising chin augmentation with different implant

+2

Without any pictures, it is impossible to give an opinion as to whether or not what the current implant is doing for the shape of the jawline. A Flowers mandibular glove from Implantech is an excellent chin implant that we frequently use in our practice. It does not give a witch’s chin appearance. It gives a nice rounded contour to the chin and is available in different sizes. Your tissue will shrink back and fit the new implant without any problems whatsoever.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

You can have your chin implant replaced or modified.

+2

If your implast is too large, it may be replaced with a smaller one, or you can have part of the existing implant shaved down for less chin projection.

A Flowers Mandibular Glove from Implantech is a wonderful implant for restoring volume higher on your chin than a typical extended anatomical implant.

Feel free to post or email photos, and I'll be happy to share my thoughts with you.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/PageID/4241

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant revision surgery

+2

Sometimes after a recent chin implant, your body may be more swollen given the illusion of a wider chin that will resolve over time. However, if it has been longer and you are not happy with your current chin implant, I would reconsult with your surgeon to discuss your options. There are different types of implants that may suit you better if a change is necessary and you have mentioned just one of many different types and shapes that are available. Without an examination, it would be difficult to recommend anything further. I hope this information helps.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Different shape and size chin implants

+1

IF your implant has been in for a relatively short time then the skin should shrink back if the implant is removed. Predicting a particular appearance without knowing more about the details and your specific anatomy is difficult.

Chin implant concerns.

+1

Without a photo how can your issues be addressed? I would not even venture a guess if the other choices of implant are appropriate for YOU!

Best of luck from MIAMI Dr. B