How Soon Can a Chin Implant Be Removed or Replaced?

I had a Chin augmentation with my Septo-Rhinoplasty and am unsatisfied with the results. It is too large for my face and makes my face very long. I only wanted it to alter my profile.

After swelling has subsided

+1

Usually the swelling from a chin augmentation procedure has subsided between 1 and 2 months after surgery. Occasionally, it may last longer. It is important to discuss the timing with your surgeon.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant can be removed any time after surgery

+1

The chin implant can be removed at any time after the surgery. It is important to wait approximately two months to let all the swelling subside so as not to remove it too prematurely. If two months has gone by and the chin implant is not big enough or too large, it can easily be removed under local anesthesia through the same incision, usually in the submental area.