How Soon Can a Chin Implant Be Removed or Replaced?

I had a Chin augmentation with my Septo-Rhinoplasty and am unsatisfied with the results. It is too large for my face and makes my face very long. I only wanted it to alter my profile.

After swelling has subsided

+1

Usually the swelling from a chin augmentation procedure has subsided between 1 and 2 months after surgery. Occasionally, it may last longer. It is important to discuss the timing with your surgeon.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant can be removed any time after surgery

+1

The chin implant can be removed at any time after the surgery. It is important to wait approximately two months to let all the swelling subside so as not to remove it too prematurely. If two months has gone by and the chin implant is not big enough or too large, it can easily be removed under local anesthesia through the same incision, usually in the submental area.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Chin implant may be removed at anytime, but wait

+1

Chin implants are usually made from silicone, and may be removed at anytime. If implants are too big or too small, the implant can be exchanged for a more appropriate size for facial balance. Removing implants is a relatively simple procedure. Generally, one waits at least 6 weeks following chin augmentation to allow swelling to resolve. Appropriate determination of aesthetic results can only be obtained once chin swelling has subsided.

First let all swelling resolve, then reassees your chin in conjunction with the entire facial harmony. If you still feel your chin is unbalanced at that time, then consider exchanging or removing the implant.

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon