Need a Chin Implant Removal Specialist/Expert?

Hello Doctors: I am unhappy with my 2 yr old chin implant, have never liked it and would like it removed. I've had a few revisions already so I'm in need of an expert in this area. A doctor that has experience removing many implants and that knows how to treat the surrounding/stretched out skin. I know that it is "not" as simple a surgery as just removing it. Can you make recommendations for the Los Angeles area please. THANK YOU!!!! Ella

+1

I have 25 plus years experience placing and removing chin implants.  You did not include photos or whether the chin implant was made of silastic or medpore.  Medpore, sadly can't always be removed because it becomes incorporated into the bone within 1 month of placement.

Mentalis Muscle Resuspension with Chin Implant Removal

+1

You are correct in your assumption that if you remove your chin implant, consideration needs to be given to mentalis muscle resuspension. Whether this is absolutely necessary depends primarily on the size of the implant and how much it has expanded the overlying soft tissue envelope. Unless it is a very small implant (3mms or less which I would doubt yours is), then managing the resultant lax soft tissues would be important.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Chin Implant Removal

+1

I'm surprised that you've had so many problems following your chin implant surgery. This is very rare. Please provide a more detailed history and pictures as described on my website. It should not be as difficult as your experience suggests.