How to Improve Chin Implant Scar After Removal?

I had my chin implant removed 5 years ago. The implant was in for 6 months before I had it removed because it was too big. It has been quite some time, but there is still a good amount of scar tissue under my chin. Will this ever go away, or is there anything I can have done to make this look better?

Scar Revision

+2

Hi,

Typically, a scar revision should not be performed until at least 6 months, usually 1 year, after the original surgery. You are well beyond that, and may be a candidate for revision. If you have a depressed, tethered scar, you may benefit from excision and repair, or possible subcision (releasing the scar tissue under the skin) and fat transfer.

Yes it is time to consider scar revision

+2

At this point in time you can consider scar revision.
It is not unusual to develop a tethered scar. It can be improved by excision and layered repair.