Should I Get a Chin Implant or Get Radanese Chin Injections? (photo)

I am undergoing rhinoplasty in January which I am excited about. I have also been given the option of a chin implant, but I saw on The Doctors TV show a lady getting 2 syringes worth of radanese ($1k each) and it will last a year. I'm considering trying radanese for a year and seeing how it goes and maybe testing a chin implant later... since I'm kinda scared of getting a foreign object placed in the chin. Based on my profile view, any thoughts?

You are a great candidate for chin augmentation

+1
I think that the aesthetic balance of the face is pertinent to a good result with rhinoplasty. When doing rhinoplasty surgery if my patients need chin augmentation then I do suggest it be done in conjunction with the rhinoplasty to achieve the most balanced and aesthetically pleasing facial harmony. I use a digital imaging computer which is ideal for showing a patient what their proposed surgical results for chin augmentation and rhinoplasty would look like prior to surgery. Besides the fact that I think these two procedures should be done together if needed it will also save you money from needing repeated injectables and then possible surgery at another time. Best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Radiesse is a great way to do a test run before chin surgery

+1

I really like Radiesse for chin augmentation.  The truth is, you can only get about 65-70% of the results that are possilbe with a chin implant, however often, that is enough.

With your chin in particular, you want to be careful to bring the chin forward, not downward.  The fillers are actually a little better at controlling the direction of the augmentation.

Another really cool option for you is to have saline injected as a test first, then you can really try out the augmentation before treatment.  It lasts about 10 minutes, then the saline is absorbed into your body.

Good luck in your search for information!

Web reference: http://yourfaceinourhands.com/plastic-surgery/chin.cfm

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon