Should I have a chin implant or chin injection to increase the golden ratio of the lower half of my face? (photo)

Should I have a chin implant or chin injection to increase the golden ratio of the lower half of my face?

Chin augmentation recommended for you vs. injectable treatment

+1

Chin augmentation is an excellent choice for you! Key benefits to you include:

1. Surgery will bring the lower and middle thirds of your face into much better proportion by "strengthening" the appearance of your chin so that your nose becomes less prominent. In this way, neither your nose nor your chin will stand out. Instead they will be well balanced.
  2. A chin implant surgery benefit considered highly-valued by most patients is that this surgery requires little downtime for healing (~1 week), while providing permanent improvement.
  3. Another benefit of chin augmentation achieved with a surgical implant is the selection of multiple sizes and shapes of implants you and your surgeon can choose from to get the most appropriate contour that best suits your face and overall improvement goals.

While I recommend chin implant or augmentation surgery for you to achieve optimum results, if you are feeling uncertain, you may first consider a "trial injection" of an HA (hyaluronic acid) tissue filler to give you some visual sense of what the chin implant may ultimately look like. In this way, your surgeon will be able to reverse the effects of the filler if you are unhappy with the look it gives you.

That said, most patients are very happy with the improvement effect and decide to go forward with chin implant surgery.

Whether you go directly to surgery or use injections to "try out" the augmentation effect on a less permanent basis first, you should choose whichever approach is more comfortable for you.

Web reference: http://www.drmmacdonald.com/chin-augmentation-neck-lipo/2012/3/22/chin-augmentation-surgery-were-you-born-with-a-less.htm

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant is once and for all

+1

A well placed appropriately sized implant will give you a long term improvment in your facial profile. While fillers might be tempting for there ease of use and quick recovery, they dont have the firmness and shape required to give all the chin projection you need. Chin implant surgery has a short recovery time and most patient can return to normal activities within a week. It might be worth the investment over fillers in the end.

Web reference: http://www.8west.ca/knowledge-base/cosmetic-surgery-options/face-neck/lower-face-neck/chin-implant/

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant recommended

+1

The retrusive chin is best treated by chin augmentation with an implant, not injections.  A silastic chin implant is inserted through a submental incision under a local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure.  This will take approximately a half an hour and will give more augmentation to the chin and a slight amount of width laterally as well.  Injections are always temporary and will not give the needed augmentation that is required for the chin area.

Chin Implant or Injections

+1

With the significant lack of chin projection that you have, I feel that an implant would give you a much better result.

Chin Implant Better For More significant horizontal deficiency

+1

A chin implant will be a far more effective method of providing your chin greater horizontal prpjection and some slight vertical increase. Injectable fillers are not a good option for your amount of chin deficiency.

Web reference: http://www.eppleychinaugmentation.com

Chin implant

+1

A chin implant provides increased projection of the chin with only a small amount of vertical height increase.A full view of the face would be helpful.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.