Is a chin implant an option? (photo)

I have a small, receding chin and consider getting a chin implant to improve my profile. Is this a viable option and should I combine it with some other procedures? Thanks.

Is a chin implant an option?

+1
A chin implant and chin liposuction will help the appearance, but an exam along with a discussion of your goals will be necessary.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of facial procedures and chin implants each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Chin implant an option

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.
Judging by the photos you have provide you may benefit nicely from a chin implant, assuming you have normal dentition and not retrognathia (abnormally posterior positioning of the mandible). Some liposuction under the chin in the neck area may also help to define your jaw a bit more. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.

Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

Is a chin implant an option?

+1
Yes, chin augmentation with an implant is a great option for you!  It is quick and easy.  You have a fairly receded chin and this is the easiest way to give you projection.  

Male chin implant

+1
The nature of your bite (which can not be fully appreciated in this photo) will dictate what is best for you.  You might need BSSO mandible surgery plus a sliding genioplasty and/or chin implant.  If no BSSO is needed a sliding geniopalsty and/or chin implant will help.  The sub mental lipo will be a nice addition to any of the above.  I don't think you will regret proceeding.  You have a lot to gain.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Chin Implant Candidate

+1
You are definitely not a chin implant patient.  You need your jaw and or chin advanced.  No one can make a correct diagnosis without a face to face consult..

Joe Niamtu, III DMD Cosmetic Facial Surgery

Joseph Niamtu, III, DMD
Richmond Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Small chin

+1
Hard to tell exactly how you are aligned by your photo but it looks to me that you would be an excellent candidate for a chin implant. The implant will also help improve the appearance of your neck. Think of your chin as being the center pole for a tent; if the pole is in the correct position the tent canvas is taut, should you remove some of the pole the tent will sag. I would personally do your implant first and see how you look. Always easy to add neck sculpting should it be necessary. By the way in my practice these procedures are routinely done under local anesthesia with oral sedation. See an experienced facial aesthetic specialist and I'm sure you will have a positive result. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

receding chin implant option

+1
To improve the receding chin and moderate chin implant should be inserted through sub mental approach under local anesthesia. The further complement augmentation of the chin, a neck lift with liposuction would accomplish sculpting at the jawline. 

Receeding weak chin

+1
You would greatly benefit from chin augmentation possibly combined with neck liposuction. An imlant would be the simplest way to augment the chin. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin surgery

+1
I would recommend an advancement genioplasty due to the amount of chin weakness.  You can advance the chin more with a genioplasty than with a chin implant.  You may need a bone graft depending on the amount of advancement.  You should have a dramatic change.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD