Chin Implant and Neck Lipo for a More Masculine Jawline?

I'm a 24 year old male and seeking a more masculine appearance. I often get mistaken for an early teenager and, while it would be flattering for my 40s, it's not quite what I'm after in my twenties. I went to a plastic surgeon and to ask about buccal fat reduction. Instead, he suggested a chin implant and neck liposuction. His thoughts were that my jawline isn't very defined. He thought this would offer a more masculine appearance over buccal fat removal. Any thoughts? Excuse the fro.

Too young in appearance and liposuction

+1

Your chin may be fine and don't start having your cheeks reduced.  you can make the jaw have a sharper angle with liposuction but the surgeon should be conservative. It may be that your beard will take more time to develop into coarser hair and more dense but the thin long sparser hairs can lead one to think you're younger than you are. Without surgery, just by shaving, you may appear older. This can help define the angle of the jaw as well.

Neck liposuction and chin implant

+1

From what I can tell from your photos, you do not look like an early teenager.  Nevertheless, you may benefit from some neck liposuction.  It does not appear that you have a retrusive or "weak" chin, so I am not sure that a chin implant would be very helpful.  I would avoid buccal fat removal.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

The Jawline In Male Facial Masculinization

+1

When a young male states that they are seeking a more masculine appearance, they often are referring to how their jawline appears. While other facial features may be involved or helpful to change, this is a major area of focus with that global objective. They also usually mean a more sculpted or chiseled facial look as well. I would consider a chin implant, neck liposuction and buccal fat removal. It would be important to see how those might appear with computer imaging. That visual image will go a long way in helping you make a decision.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Have you thought of fat grafts to the jawline?

+1

The liposuction will work.Yet why not take that fat,process it and inject along the mandibular border,below the mental nerve. It could give you a more defined look without the impalnt.Note this does not work with large quantities of fat. Email any questions. Good luck.

Cap Lesesne, MD

Liposuction of neck.

+1

You will do great with neck liposuction alone possible.  I would need to see photos of you biting down and relaxed to assess chin implant  This is a possibility.  At times a little liposuction of cheeks ads a nice touch.  You do not need the  buccal fat removed in all likelihood.   These are very common plastic surgery procedures.   The chin implant is more to recover from but possible.     My Best.   Dr Commons

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon