Should I Get a Chin Implant or Neck Lift? (photo)

I really can't stand my profile. I have no jawline and such a turtle looking neck. What should I get done to have a nice jawline/neck? I'm 18.

Should I Get a Chin Implant or Neck Lift?

+1

Or maybe both. I might try fillers or fat grafts to chin to see the appearance. Than possibly Smart Lipo to the sub mental area. Before an implant or neck lifting. 

Improving jawline contour

+1

When conoturing your neckling you need to evaluate the chin and the neck. It is difficult to see your natural chin balance from you photo because you are extending your neck. Hoever, it does appear that you might benefit from submental liposuction which will contour your neck and give more definition to your jawline. After this type of procedure people will most likely ask you if you have lost weight.

Gary Motykie, MD

Chin implant or neck lift.

+1

It is impossible to tell from the pictures if you are a candidate for a chin implant.  There is submental and subplatysmal fat present. A neck lift will address removal of both fatty deposits while simple liposuction will address only submental fat removal.    Make sure that your height/weight proportionate and this is diet resistant fat that is present and then proceed with a necklift or simple liposuction

Chin Implant, Neck Lift or Submental Liposuction

+1

I think that liposuction under the chin and along the neck would help to define the jawline a little better.  A conventional necklift would not benefit a person of your age.  You could remove subplatysmal fat through a small neck incision if warranted.  A small chin implant may not be out of the question, but an exam would be necessary.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Jawline Profile Improvement

+1

It is hard to answer your question without a good static profile picture without the neck extended or flexed. But profile improvement is almost always improved by a combination of chin augmentation and submental/neck liposuction. Whether you need one or both requires better profile pictures to determine.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

No neck lift or chin implant

+1

Probably too young for a neck lift, and your chin is not really retrognathic (too small)   Laser submental liposuction should tighten the skin a little and help define the neck.   This has a quick recovery and typically little or no bruising.

Best regards,

Dr. Lane Smith

Lane Smith, MD

Neck lift

+1

No chin implant.concentrate on the neck, if the fat is mainly under the skin then liposuction will define the neck. If there is fat under the muscle then a platysmaplasty with removal of the fat under the muscle as well as liposuction of the fat under the skin, will give you the best results. If you are still unhappy with the chin a chin implant can be added anytime.

No neck lift at 18

+1

Dear Alex, You would do best with a small chin augmentation and sub mental liposuction. The liposuction would help sculpt your neckline and the chin augmentation would bring a better profile in harmony with your facial features providing you a more youthful appearance and stronger jawline while still looking feminine. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD