Chin Implant 2 Months Post Op and Still Sore, Sensitive, Numb and Very Hard?

I had a chin implant on August 22, 2012. The material used was mersilene mesh and was inserted under the chin. It’s been 3 months since my surgery and my chin is still sore/numb to the touch, when I hug someone I can really feel it and one side is really hard and feels like a golf ball was inserted. I am happy with my side profile but not happy at all with the front view. Can anyone offer some reassurance that this will eventually “soften” and become not so sensitive. I fear I made a huge mistake

Will the Area Soften after Chin Implant?

The area does have a good chance of softening, and this is the natural history of scar maturation.  The sensitivity usually resolves as well