What to Do About Loose End on Chin Implant?

I had a silicone chin implant installed 11 weeks ago, it looks fine but the left end is loose, under my jaw. After being cleared to exercise at 4 weeks I played tennis hard and my face swelled up dramatically, mostly on the left side. My Dr is proposing to open it up at the end, and roughen the surface of the implant so "it will scar over". Is this commonly done and will it work for an active person like me? A loose end just seems like trouble, and I've not read any similar recommendation here

Chin implant

+1

Silicone chin implant can not be roughened. With the swelling you had make sure this is not infection.

If the edge of the implant is malpositioned, you need another surgery to reposition the implant properly.  See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon