Chin Implant or Liposuction?

Hi, I'm 20 years of age have a weight of 134lb and I am 5'9 tall. However I've always had problems with my "double chin". I was wondering if you can, based on the pictures rather recommend a chin implant or a liposuction beneath my chin?! Thank you

Retrognathia chin implant or fat injections

+1

The angles and lines of the profile indicate that the chin is too far back. Either a chin implant, fat injections or oral maxillofacial surgery (which is a much large procedure and down time than the chin augmentation) can provide a better forward displacement of your chin. this will help your angle of the neck appear sharper. The lipopsuction of the neck can help this result but the chin augmentation appears to offer the most efficient procedure to obtain your desired result.

Chin Liposuction and Fat Grafting to the chin

+1

Limited liposuction to the chin and minimal fat grafting to the chin could provide a beautiful, natural looking result.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant vs. lipo!

+1

The question should be chin implant vs. lipo transfer not suction.
I used to do implant... today i exclusively do stem cell transfers.
(That is a grafting with stromal or adult stem cells and fat cells)
Transfer in chins like yours. Most of the time this is enough, but
Sometimes one needs a chin implant...but it is getting to be rare.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Treating the retruded chin

+1

First, you need to assess your occlusion because if your teeth align well, a simple chin implant or a sliding genioplasty will be helpful.  IF your teeth do not align (overbite), either orthodontic treatment or even a lower jaw advancement will be needed and a chin implant alone would not be appropriate.  The lipo could be done with microcannulas (1.6mm) at the same time or later. 

But first, look at the teeth!!!

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

A Chin Implant Will Improve Both Your Facial And Neck Profile

+1

You have a moderately retruded chin and perhaps just a small amount of submental fat, although the fat issue may appear artificial due to the position of the chin. You appear young so that the apparent submental fat will 'disappear' as the chin comes forward. With your modest chin deficiency, I would recommend an implant over an osteotomy which will have less swelling, recovery and expense. Your biggest decision in regards to a chin implant is what style and size. You need to consider more than just how much horizontal movement forward you need.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Chin Implant or Liposuction?

+1

You appear to have a retruded chin. Either a chin implant or sliding the chin bone forward and downward (sliding Genioplasty) would enhance the lower face and balance the face as a whole. This would also re-drape the redundant chin tissue and you may not need anything else. I would wait at least a few months after these procedures to see if a liposuction is really needed.

Dr. Peter A Aldea

Chin implant or lipo or both

+1

Thanks for the photos, but it is hard to say with photos only because photos can look different with your facial expressions.  A chin implant certainly can add more length and help improve the neck angle.  So can liposuction if there is a fatty component.

Chin Implant or Liposuction?

+1

Photo are always very helpful, thanks for posting. We all agree on a combination of surgery - implant, genioplasty, lipo. 

Chin implant or slidding genioplasty

+1
You have over bite and chin implant or slidding genioplasty will help. Liposuction may complement the result.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant or lipo

+1

based on the photos my answer is yes and yes. you may benefit from both but the relative benefit as well as the risks of each are different and a good physical exam is in order. in general I don't like chin implants because they can dimple the chin over time and once you commit to an implant the bone will recede even further as the implant erodes the little chin. a genioplasty (cutting the chin bone and sliding it foward) comes with other problems including possible nerve injury. so the bottom line is : I like to do the easy stuff with little risk first ( if it makes good aesthetic sense) and then proceed to riskier more complex solutions. lipo the re-evaluate.  KISS. keep it simple son. 

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon