Unable to Move Lower Lip After Chin Implants and Liposuction

After my second Chin Implant and Liposuction surgery, I am still unable to move the very center/slightly right side of my bottom lip. It has been 4 months since the first surgery and 2 weeks after the second one. My doctor keeps telling me to be patient but he has been very aloof with me and I feel as though I am never given a direct answer. I would like to know the probability of the nerve making a full recovery, and if not, if there is anyway to tell if the nerve was fully severed.

Chin implant and nerve injury

+1

Sometimes the motor nerve that innervates muscles around the mouth can be bruised or irritated during liposuction and/or chin implants, you have to give it some time to improve. It usually does.

Nerve was probably bruised

+1

The nerve on the lower lip was probably bruised from the liposuction and should come back within six months after the procedure as long as it was not cut. The chin implant itself will tend to create numbness, not movement problems, if the mental nerve on the mandible has been bruised.

Several different issues about your lip not moving after chin implant & liposuction

+1

There are several reasons for this but I am confused by the timing of your symptoms.

What was the reason for your second surgery?

The surgery, liposuction, or chin implant could all potentially produce the findings you are reporting.

Nerve injuries can be temporary or permanent. Recovery can be hours to days to weeks to even years depending on the extent and nature of the insult.

EMG's in combination with an ENG may indicate complete or recovering nerve injuries. Repair is generally only successful when the injury is identified as it occurs and immediately repaired. Recovery may occur even in the instance of complete transection without repair.

I know this all sounds confusing and you should discuss this with your surgeon who is the best person to answer your questions