Yellow Sores in Mouth After Chin Implant / Lipo

Hello everyone. So i had a chin implant plus Lipo done under my chin on Friday. After the procedure the right side of mouth had developed yellow sores, they almost look like canker sores. So what am trying to figure out is this from the swelling or maybe the implant hitting the inside of the gum line. The right side hurts bad!! you can clearly see a discolored yellow line under the teeth. I've been on a all liquid insure diet plus water. I've been taking Vicodin, Zenox, and penicillin.

Please call your surgeon for an assessment.

+2

These sore may just be canker sores possibly related to the stress of the procedure.  However, this is a complication of surgery and your surgeon will want to know what is going on and need to assess your situation personally.

+2

RE: "Hello everyone. So i had a chin implant plus Lipo done under my chin on Friday. After the procedure the right side of mouth had developed yellow sores, they almost look like canker sores. So what am trying to figure out is this from the swelling or maybe the implant hitting the inside of the gum line. The right side hurts bad!! you can clearly see a discolored yellow line under the teeth. I've been on a all liquid insure diet plus water. I've been taking Vicodin, Zenox, and penicillin."

As helpful as your photograph is it is not a substitute for a direct examination. Based on the limited view of the incision on the right it appears consistent with a recently operated intra-oral incision without infection or exposure of the implant. I would tell you that the BEST thing to do is have your surgeon look at you. No advice you may get on line can match a direct examination.

Dr. Peter A Aldea

+1

The stress of surgery can initiate a viral prodrome. Herpes simplex or a variant is the best diagnosis of exclusion. Therapy is Acylovir. Call your surgeon immediately for guidance and care. 

Chin Implants (Chin Augmentation)

+1

Dear Jesse707:

It is not clear from your description if the implant was placed via an incision under the chin or inside the mouth. Either way, the best thing to do today is contact your plastic surgeon and let them examine you.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon