Will Chin Implant or Jaw Implant Improve Profile? (photo)

Last year I underwent 2 surgeries to repair a severe mandible fracture after accident. The trauma and resulting surgeries left my chin misaligned and soft tissue severely sagging under my mouth to point where my lower gums are exposed when smiling. I've always had chipmonk cheeks and smallish chin. Would a chin implant or jaw implants improve the structure and contour of my chinand improve hanging soft tissue and if so what should expect to be relative cost associated with this type of surgery?

Chin implant

+1

As best as I can tell from your photos I think you are an excellent candidate for a small chin implant and submental neck suction. All this done under local anesthesi is the office OR in about thirty minutes. The small chin implant itself will help to suspend the chin tissues to the degree you need.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will chin implant or jaw implant improve profile?

+1

Placement of a chin implant is only going to augment the chin in the anterior direction, it will not help with any soft tissue hanging or sagging in the chin area.  The cost of a chin implant is $3,000 – 3,500.

Bony Chin Alignment and Soft Tissue Resuspension for Profile Improvement

+1

It would be helpful to know more about the location of your mandibular fracture but you exhibit a chin/lower lip deformity, presumably from the injury/fracture. You appear to have some degree of soft tissue sagging of the chin which is why you have lower tooth exposure. I suspect you would benefit by a chin soft tissue suspension procedure and a bony genioplasty procedure for realignment. But I would need more information and a review of some x-rays to provide more specifics about whether these procedures and others may be beneficial.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Chin Implant and neck Liposuction would give optimal results

+1

Dear Moviefan,

While your photographs are not all direct profile shots from what I am able to  see it appears that a chin augmentation and neck liposuction would help give you optimal results for a more pronounced masculine profile. It appears from your photographs that you are healing from rhinoplasty surgery or some sort of nasal surgery as your nose is taped? You may also help the "chipmunk" cheeks with some buccal fat removal however all of these suggestions would really need to be determined under a proper examination. With a direct examination and viewing your teeth alignment and amount of excess soft tissue in the chin etc. a proper diagnosis would be made. I would suggest an appointment with a good Facial Plastic Surgeon to help better determine your needs and expectations. Best regards, Michael V.Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD