Should I consider getting a chin implant/jaw implant/cheek injections with fillers? (photos)

So I know for a fact that I'm going to get a nose job this summer (to fix the bump and make the nose more centered/straight) but the doctor I went to also told me that I should consider getting a chin implant and maybe cheek fillers to balance my face out. I've always wanted a more defined and "masculine" face so would getting a chin implant or cheek injections/fillers (or a jaw implant) make my face more defined and more "masculine" ? Suggestions and opinions would be helpful. Thank you.

Making your face more masculine

+2
Looking at your photos I see some obvious problems with clear solutions...
   1) Do the Rhinoplasty as you are planning
   2) Do some minor neck and submental area liposuction to get rid of the fat pad under your jawline
   3) absolutely consider permanent cheek implants placed from under the upper lip. These will last a lifetime unlike injected fillers and give your mid-face a strong and very masculine contour. Silastic (silicone) cheek implants are very well tolerated and rarely if ever need to be removed or revised
   4 Consider a very thin chin implant that makes you jawline broader and only minimally adds projection.
I do all this in my office operating room with oral sedation and local anesthesia injections. It is almost completely painless and takes about two hours to complete. You are up and around fine the next day and in 5-7 days most of the swelling is gone and you look great

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

I want a rhinoplasty - the surgeon wants to do more.

+1
If you went to the surgeon for a rhinoplasty, have the rhinoplasty.
If your chin and cheeks do not bother you - forget the rest.

But if they do bother you -
  • cheek implants or fillers seem a good idea.
  • the chin implant....your nose will be smaller, so your existing chin may be fine
  • to define the chin - liposuction of the upper neck will help.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Rhinoplasty

+1
All these procedures are elective and personal. The decision for surgery should be yours and yours alone. We as plastic surgeon can tell you if you are making the right decision. Surgeons who suggest extra surgery and procedures to their patients unsolicited  is not appropriate. Remember that the more surgery and procedures the bigger the bill. Do what bothers you not what bothers the surgeon

Improving facial harmony

+1
If you are already committed to surgery for your nose, I think you'd be better served with a genioplasty and fat grafting to your cheeks.   Both of these options a) are permanent and b) don't put any synthetic implants in your face that will need to be revised, replaced, or removed with time.  This will enhance the appearance of your jawline and mid face and give you a more balanced and masculine look.

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal and chin implant

+1
The decision to perform both a rhinoplasty and a chin implant are personal one, and only you can make that decision. A chin implant is composed of Silastic and is placed through sub mental incision to give added augmentation to the front part of the chin to help with facial balance. The rhinoplasty procedure involves shaving down the dorsal hump reducing the columellar show and narrowing the tip and bridge. For many examples of this combination, please see  the links below