Should I consider getting a chin implant/jaw implant/cheek injections with fillers? (photos)
Doctor Answers 5
Making your face more masculine
1) Do the Rhinoplasty as you are planning
2) Do some minor neck and submental area liposuction to get rid of the fat pad under your jawline
3) absolutely consider permanent cheek implants placed from under the upper lip. These will last a lifetime unlike injected fillers and give your mid-face a strong and very masculine contour. Silastic (silicone) cheek implants are very well tolerated and rarely if ever need to be removed or revised
4 Consider a very thin chin implant that makes you jawline broader and only minimally adds projection.
I do all this in my office operating room with oral sedation and local anesthesia injections. It is almost completely painless and takes about two hours to complete. You are up and around fine the next day and in 5-7 days most of the swelling is gone and you look great
Have a question? Ask a doctor
I want a rhinoplasty - the surgeon wants to do more.
If your chin and cheeks do not bother you - forget the rest.
But if they do bother you -
- cheek implants or fillers seem a good idea.
- the chin implant....your nose will be smaller, so your existing chin may be fine
- to define the chin - liposuction of the upper neck will help.
You might also like...
Improving facial harmony
Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal and chin implant
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.